ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Drag files from menu / dock

(1/1)

xpi3000:
Another bummer would be to have the possibility to drag items from a dock menu or even from a node.

What i miss while working is to have a central visible place from where i can drag my links and files to various browsers/programs.

And also the possibility to drag a program (node) into workspace for starting some work.
Example: hence a notepad++ node. When i drag it from dock onto the current page in browser it will gather for source code.
Or dragging photoshop node on a file in windows explorer/other file manager will select it on mouse release (i know thats a big one).

x16wda:
I'm not sure I understand.  I can drag a file from my file manager onto my Photoshop icon, and it will open the file in Photoshop.  I have a stack of program icons on the right edge of my left-hand monitor for just that purpose.  I think that's the opposite direction from what you're asking (drag the file onto the program, instead of drag the program onto the file) but is that significant?

xpi3000:
I'm not sure I understand.  I can drag a file from my file manager onto my Photoshop icon, and it will open the file in Photoshop.  I have a stack of program icons on the right edge of my left-hand monitor for just that purpose.  I think that's the opposite direction from what you're asking (drag the file onto the program, instead of drag the program onto the file) but is that significant?
-x16wda (April 11, 2012, 07:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
there are two cases where dragging a node make sense.
hence you have a dock with bookmarks only and you have multiple accounts on the interweb. then it would come in quite handy to simply drag a bookmark node on the related browser window. while developing i very often have to check the same link in different browsers.
so instead of maintaining the same bookmarks in all browsers i would simply drag the bookmark from my central bookmark dock.

second case: working with lots of graphics or other often used documents.
some screenshot programs and programming tools have the functionality for dragging a finder on a target for further processing.

mouser:
i can see why that might be a nice feature.. i'll have to think about how easy it would be to do.

xpi3000:
i can see why that might be a nice feature.. i'll have to think about how easy it would be to do.
-mouser (April 19, 2012, 12:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
:-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version