ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Pinta: Painting Made Simple for coders

(1/1)

Curt:
Pinta is a free, open source drawing/editing program modeled after Paint.NET. Its goal is to provide users with a simple yet powerful way to draw and manipulate images on Linux, Mac, and Windows.-Pinta
--- End quote ---

Pinta requires both .NET 4 and Gtk# installed (on Windows), or Mono (for Mac), which is why I not am going to test it. NET, yes, Gtk, no! But that is just my opinion about Gtk.

The reason I am telling about Pinta is the extensions. Pinta is really made with one special feature in mind: it must be as easy as possible for coders to write extensions for Pinta. But Visual Studio (or MonoDevelop) is necessary. The page >Getting Started Writing an Extension - Pinta< tells step by step how to do.

http://pinta-project.com/ Freeware.

Deozaan:
Thanks. This looks really interesting.

sword:
Thanks very much.

fenixproductions:
The reason I am telling about Pinta is the extensions. Pinta is really made with one special feature in mind: it must be as easy as possible for coders to write extensions for Pinta.-Curt (April 11, 2012, 01:10 PM)
--- End quote ---
I wonder how does it compare with Paint.NET since the latest is not as hard as may it seem (i.e. FileType example code has only 56 lines).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version