ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

EULAlyzer™ 1.1

<< < (2/4) > >>

brotherS:
I have no real need for this tool.
--- End quote ---

you've obviously forgotten about this:

PC Pitstop offered a financial incentive in its EULA, and it took four months before anyone responded.

--- End quote ---
-mouser (April 04, 2006, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---
;D ;D

Reminds me of that quote saying you can put mean words in the middle of any company profile brochure that is just focussing on the company itself - probably noone would notice!

Curt:
- upgraded to version 2.0 today. They don't tell in what way version 2 differs from version 1, but if you desire to get their $20 PRO version I must advice you to also study their license: >>A EULAlyzer Pro license includes the use of EULAlyzer Pro, and all new versions released, within a 1 year period (from date of purchase).<<. I will however test their free "Personal" version ;-)

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/eulalyzerpro.html

EULAlyzer works on Windows 2000, XP, 2003, or Vista.
--- End quote ---

40hz:
EULAlyzer is a great little app. I've been a fan of it for quite a while. :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

--------------
Three easiest ways to screw yourself royally:

1. Lie on your mortgage application

2. Pad your resume

3. Enter into a legal agreement you really don't understand

-------------

EULAlyzer can help you make sense of software licenses and avoid #3.

Do yourself a favor and give it a try.

Curt:
I test far too many programs to bother with the free version; only the annual subscription will make sense to me. And twenty dollar PER YEAR sounds very expensive, I think (except of course, if I too get a $1,000 check from one of the license holders)!

mwb1100:
only the annual subscription will make sense to me. And twenty dollar PER YEAR sounds very expensive
-Curt (January 04, 2009, 02:44 PM)
--- End quote ---
Once again, the wording of this type of annual license is a bit unclear - when I read it, it sounded like you get a license to use EULAlyzer Pro (the main advantage of which is the EULA-Watch feature) - and that you also get any upgrades that occur in the one year period.

I would have interpreted/guessed that the right to use EULAlyzer Pro/EULA-Watch does not end with your annual fee - just the right to upgrades/updates.

Or is this really the type of license/software that becomes useless without the annual updates/upgrades?  I do wish vendors would try to make that more clear more often.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version