topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:31 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CamStudio  (Read 2990 times)

Clive

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CamStudio
« on: January 11, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Found this interesting looking software at FDAD (http://www.freedownloadaday.com/) & followed the link to the actual site (http://camstudio.org/). The "owner" is asking for help with further development.

A Plea For Help ...

I've got big plans for CamStudio and want to continously improve it and the Codec as well ... but I'm not a programmer.

The potential for CamStudio to be used as a professional training and support tool is huge and not just in the information technology and internet marketing arenas, but also in diverse markets and tasks like home eduation, recording online geneological research, keeping a video record of special offer prices on your favourite snowboarding (or whatever) website - you get the idea ...

It doesn't matter if you're at home in Las Vegas or on an Alaskan Cruise - if you've got a laptop or PC you can use CamStudio.

So if there are any Visual C++ programmers out there that have Flash, video encoding and codec experience who'd like a challenge, would you please let me know ... you can reach me at the Helpdesk (link above) ...

So, at some point in the near future I'd like to start accepting donations so any coders that work on this project will get some kind of financial reward in addition to the warm, fuzzy feeling they get from helping to resurrect this cracking piece of software ... so if you're feeling generous, please get in touch at the email address above and let me know ...

I'd also love to get your feedback on CamStudio ... what you liked, what you thought sucked and what you think is missing.

Who knows - perhaps someone lurking  ;) here might want to get involved.