ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SOLVED: how to remove middl-click hotkey from Explorer?

(1/2) > >>

Curt:
I don't know but I don't think Middle-click (in white area in Explorer) => "Go to parent folder" is a native Explorer shortcut hotkey in Win 7 - but my Explorer has it. I don't like it; Double-left-click is already giving the exact same effect. I #feel# certain Microsoft did not give me two almost identical accelerator keys for the same feature, so I #guess# the hotkey must have come from some program I have been trialing but now have removed; I have searched all installed programs to look for hotkey settings.

So my question is, how can I now remove this unwanted feature? I wanted to test Folder Menu 3 that uses Middle-click in Explorer (and on the desktop) to open its menu, but it would only seldom do so, most of the time Explorer would jump to the mother-folder instead. I was of course hoping FM3 would override Explorer, but that only happened a few times.

On the Internet I have found several articles on how to change keyboard shortcuts, but I have not found any relevant article regarding the mouse's wheel. So I need to ask you guys:
How to remove middle-click hotkey from Explorer?  :tellme:

---------------
64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium DESKTOP. Simple mouse, left-middle-right; no extra buttons.

Curt:
The mouse middle-click feature did not come from Windows:

Keyboard shortcuts for Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/126449#top-support.microsoft
--- End quote ---

NewKreation:
The following app will detect what global keyboard shortcuts (hotkeys) are currently registered on the computer by various applications:

http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1770

NewKreation:
After using the software, I noticed that the mouse buttons are not listed...sorry  :(

Curt:
-thanks,  NewKreation.  
I knew about the program but not about the site; now a useful shortcut  :up:

A problem with this middle-click is of course that it is not a global feature, but for Explorer only; Ethervane ActiveHotkeys and other similar scanners cannot find it.
Besides:

This application does not work correctly on 64-bit versions of Windows. Use it on 32-bit versions only.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version