ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

World's first 'sky-worthy' car (And It Works!)

<< < (2/3) > >>

Deozaan:
Actually I finally clicked through to the link you shared (:-[) and saw the image of the flying car and it looks so similar to the car I had in mind that it just may be the same one!

It's entirely possible that the TV show I saw was about multiple prototype cars, some of which could fly, some of which could be driven into the water, and my memory somehow combined them into a single car that could do all three.

So you weren't useless at all. My memory was! :Thmbsup:

MilesAhead:
I was hoping they'd show video of it being driven down the street. I remember years back there was a street legal auto you could fly. But you pulled a trailer with the wings in it.  You had to take the wings from the trailer and latch them on. Also there was the problem of storing the trailer while airborne.  If you landed in a different city and wanted to drive it, then I guess you either paid to store your wings at that airport or rented a trailer? :)

The nose on the thing looked similar to a Piper Cub single engine job.

KynloStephen66515:
I was hoping they'd show video of it being driven down the street. I remember years back there was a street legal auto you could fly. But you pulled a trailer with the wings in it.  You had to take the wings from the trailer and latch them on. Also there was the problem of storing the trailer while airborne.  If you landed in a different city and wanted to drive it, then I guess you either paid to store your wings at that airport or rented a trailer? :)

The nose on the thing looked similar to a Piper Cub single engine job.

-MilesAhead (April 09, 2012, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

http://www.terrafugia.com/video_D2.html <--- Video driving down the street, filling up with fuel, then going to the airport for a flight :)

tomos:
Another slant - yeah, was already posted :p :D

Well, here's another flying story:

http://rt.com/news/transition-flying-car-plane-392/

For decades science fiction writers, and their more practical cousins, engineers, have dreamt of building a flying car. Now that one is about to arrive on the market, the real question emerges: what are flying cars actually for?

US company Terrafugia has variously labeled its Transition model as a “roadable aircraft” and a “street-legal airplane”, perhaps in a quest to avoid the inherent fantastical connotations of “flying car.” Particularly when they are trying to make customers shell out $279,000 for each one.

But functionally, the Transition is definitely a flying car.

--- End quote ---

Practical or not, it definitely seems cool! :D
-Renegade (April 05, 2012, 09:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

they say you could get a better plane *and* car for that price - so I'll probably do that instead ;)

Renegade:
There's yet another out as well - but it's a helicopter/car.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version