ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo open Explorer with admin rights?

<< < (2/4) > >>

barney:
is there a shortcut-way of starting an app as admin from the start menu -
Ctrl+Click, or something like that?
-tomos (April 09, 2012, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right+Click, select Run as Administrator.

Curt:
I found an answer, but it is both a little difficult and dangerous: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprosecurity/thread/1798a1a7-bd2e-4e42-8e98-0bc715e7f641/ so I am not going to try it yet.

-----------

Right+Click, select Run as Administrator.-barney (April 09, 2012, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am not sure it happens in Real Life...:

Windows 7 Explorer uses a DCOM based start method which prevents you from running Windows Explorer elevated.-Andre.Ziegler, 37,966 Points
--- End quote ---

It should be said that Andre.Ziegler is the same guy who gave the linked (dangerous) solution.

barney:
I am not sure it happens in Real Life...:
-Curt (April 09, 2012, 05:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know the menu option is there, and it does start Windows Explorer:  further, deponent sayeth not.  You'd just have to try it to see.  From things I've read, it should start in elevated mode:  other things say Explorer can't/shouldn't be run that way.  Never tested it to see.  However, as you are running the same tool both as desktop initiator and [in/on] the desktop, I can imagine collisions  :P :P.  Be kinda like inflating a blimp inside a party balloon, maybe  :-\?

Curt:
-well, if I would/could use this method x16wda kindly linked to, I could test it:

However, I am certainly too tired to try right now; It is night around here.

tomos:
is there a shortcut-way of starting an app as admin from the start menu -
Ctrl+Click, or something like that?
-tomos (April 09, 2012, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right+Click, select Run as Administrator.
-barney (April 09, 2012, 04:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

no, I meant a shortcut method, one click with a qualifier key - maybe it's in FARR ??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version