ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HowTo open Explorer with admin rights?

(1/4) > >>

Curt:
Maybe I am too dumb for computers in general, but I am certainly too dumb for Windows 7.

On the process line I see the shortcut to Explorer > Libraries. It is clearly a limited rights -version. This is my first problem. I have no guest accounts, I am The single user Administrator, so how on earth can it be that this Explorer doesn't give me an administrator's rights?

I have QTTabbar installed. When I open one of the folders I have made shortcuts for in Explorer via QTTabbar, I have elevated rights. But never when I click the default Explorer shortcut in the process line. I have tried to remove it from the process line  and pin a new shortcut, from a situation when all tabs were made by QTTabbar (and as such should give me Admin's rights), but the shortcut turned out to open a "normal" less rights -Explorer, not the QTTabbar version with elevated rights I was hoping for.

What have you "single-user-administrators" done? Did you shake you shoulders and gave in?
Or are any of you  genuine Administrators of Explorer? If Yes: How?  :tellme:

---------------
FYI:
Explorer with ten QTTabbar -tabs:

Renegade:
Can you do this:

Is that what you're looking to do? Or are you looking for a particular method/shortcut?

Curt:
-thanks.
I also saw that the Run: box in Start gives Explorer Admin's rights,
-and that I have been confusing myself by forgetting that Hidden system folders were being displayed, and what have we   not. Should have gone to bed some sooner yesterday. Just forget this thread for now!

tomos:

is there a shortcut-way of starting an app as admin from the start menu -
Ctrl+Click, or something like that?

x16wda:
I found elevate32 and elevate64 (from http://www.westmesatech.com/index.html), maybe those will work for you.  They're in the Elevation Toolkit under Misc Tools.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version