ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Text replacement app for Windows?

<< < (2/3) > >>

rjbull:
if the user is looking at the keyboard, much typing can be for nothing because Windows is waiting for the user to respond to the pop-up box.-Curt (April 08, 2012, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
This is true, but it's less of a problem if the box pops up at the cursor, as it does with Typing Assistant, to name one I know a bit.  It's also worth knowing that the Big Daddy of the genre, Instant Text, doesn't do that, it has its suggestions window attach under or beside your main application window.

There have been many DC threads on text expanders before...

eleman:
I also like breevy. It is also very handy in fixing common typos.
It also can go on with a single beep, instead of bugging the user with a pop-up.
Also I use the word also too much.

Ehtyar:
Would GrepWin do?

Ehtyar.

sicknero:
I had a look at Phrase Express, it does look very good and it's free for private use.
Also Ka Type In... there hasn't been a new version since 2007, but I've been using it for a few days and it's great. Has a slide-out menu for text snippets (triggered by mouse to edge of screen) and also auto-complete with a hot-key.

justice:
I'm using TyperTask (free, 53Kb!).  It works in many different programs where previously I had some issues with other programs not expanding. It's been a while so I cannot quite remember the details.
Increase your efficiency by automating your keyboard with TyperTask! This tool simulates keyboard typing, and can be used to instantly type common phrases. Use it to automate chat conversations, website logins, programming code blocks, HTML tags, or anything else you can imagine.

It even has advanced automation features, including launching programs, window activation, delays, and mouse clicks, so it's capable of performing complex tasks. Configuration is easy with simple text files. It has vTask's powerful keyboard simulation engine, so it can handle international codes and system keys such as <Control>.

The included help file demonstrates many TyperTask uses. No installation required.

--- End quote ---

http://www.vtaskstudio.com/support.php

TyperTask will automate your keyboard when a "signal" is typed.
For example, when you type "hth", it will auto type "Hope this helps!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version