Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 23, 2014, 12:44:01 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: html alternative  (Read 1456 times)
kalos

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 07, 2012, 05:26:07 PM »

hello!

I found html easy to learn, but very hard to use
all those tags and classes are really messy

is there a better alternative?

thanks!
db90h
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Member

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »

There is only HTML for doing what HTML does. There are other things to do different chores, but your only real choice if HTML is too hard is to use something that generates HTML for you, such as a CMS like WordPress or Joomla... or a WYSIWYG HTML editor.
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2012, 05:56:12 PM »

php/ASP.NET ...  Both very nice to use...

Cool

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
kalos

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2012, 05:56:51 PM »

I already use an WYSIWYG HTML editor

but I cant convert text to bold or red, easily, like in MS Word, I cant change the position of text blocks and graphics, easily, by draggind them, etc
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2012, 05:58:28 PM »

I already use an WYSIWYG HTML editor

but I cant convert text to bold or red, easily, like in MS Word, I cant change the position of text blocks and graphics, easily, by draggind them, etc

* Stephen66515 hates WYSIWYG when it comes to website design so he shall bow out of this conversation cheesy

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
kalos

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2012, 06:06:33 PM »

WYSIWYG web editing does not work as intended, imo

if you "build" an MS Word document, you do it in a WYSIWYG way, you don't code it
ofcourse the capabilities are very limited

WYSIWYG in web building, limits the capabilities as well, but it doesnt offer a trully easy way, like MS Word does :S

so, I would agree with you Stephen
db90h
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Member

Software Engineer

View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2012, 07:32:26 PM »

php/ASP.NET ...  Both very nice to use...

Not for this guy I don't think, since I doubt he can handle a scripting language (that world normally output HTML) if he can't even code HTML.
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 05:42:23 AM »

Make the page in MSWord as you want it then save it as an html document. It will do what you want although it won't be much of a webpage.
Depending what you want thoughu you're probably better of using something like Weebly or Squarespace and just focus on writing the content instead of doing html.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.16 ]