ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

OpalCalc 1.43

<< < (9/20) > >>

oblivion:
Thanks all! I'll be working hard on 1.48 which is due out soon (and fix the currency update issue that's currently in 1.46).
-Twinbee (July 11, 2012, 09:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just found a ... well, maybe it's by design but it feels wrong.

The remainder function.

If I want to work out the number of weeks and days before a given date, I can do something like:

@21/09/2012 - today in weeks

but that gives me a fractional component most of the time.

If I do @21/09/2012 - today in days

with the intention of dividing the result by 7 and getting the remainder, I get an error with

rem ans / 7

I also get an error with

d=ans
rem d / 7

The only way I get the answer I want is if I type in the answer I got instead of referring to it.

I expect there's a good reason... ;)

JoTo:
Hi all,

wow, a wonderful helper for daily work. Purchased it immediate after tested it for 10 minutes.

The author is very kind and responsive (also by eMail and with odd wishes like mine :) ). And his license behaviour is very free.

GREAT APP! Worth every penny. Please guys think about a donation. I want that this piece of software will go on with development for a long time.

Greetings
JoTo

Twinbee:
v1.50 is online now with a ton of new features/fixes. I've included a prize giveaway for any bugs people find (let's hope I don't go bankrupt ;) )

@oblivion: the "rem" keyword is a 'special corner case' feature which only works with simple divisions (e.g.: "7/3 rem = 2 rem 1"). I added it due to someone really wanting it a while ago. Combining it with dates/times would be quite tricky indeed unfortunately.

kunkel321:
Woo Hoo !! First try !!
http://i.imgur.com/FPMa3.png

Actually it's probably just my fragile system...  I will try to reproduce.

Edit:  I am able to reproduce...  Still, my system is buggy.  So that could actually be the problem.
Win 7 that is setup to run from a network, but I'm not pluged in to the network, so if anything ever tries to access My Documents, the whole thing goes haywire...

Anyway, to reproduce:  I click on the Pi button, then go to "Own Stored Units."  The only thing there is "hogh," which I think might be a built in sample, since I don't remember putting it there.  I choose hogh, and get
hogh    |    1 hogh
http://i.imgur.com/vbp3X.png

and the hint-toolbar at the top tells me it's a hogshead.

I click <Backspace><Backspace><Backspace><Backspace> to get rid of "hogh" from the left.   Then, as soon as I press <Enter> the error happens.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Edit2:  Tried to record steps http://screencast.com/t/lnvGaoMsS

Edit 3:  Am on my (more stable) Vista machine now.  Still getting the bug, but it appears to occur with ANY of the functions, operators, etc.  So Opal Calc has 17,456 different functions and each one has a bug.  So 17,456 times $50....    Hmmm I'm gonna need Opal Calc for this!    
Nah, just messing with you.  
Actually it appears to be ONE bug and it doesn't matter what gets typed and deleted.  If ever the entry field is empty and you press <Enter>, you get the effect.  Or at least that's what I'm seeing.   Of could if this does pan out to be a certifiable bug, I have a friend who might like a free copy of Opal Calc  ;)

Edit 4:  Okay last edit...  That hogshead thing wasn't on my other computer which means it's not built in....   Which means I put it there....  WHAT THE HECK IS A HOGSHEAD ANYWAY????

kunkel321:
Hey this thing is pretty smart!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version