ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

OpalCalc 1.43

<< < (3/20) > >>

Twinbee:
Erm, Hyperionics freeware Free Math Calculator is basically similar - but it's console mode...
--- End quote ---

Hi, yes a console format isn't the same - my previous favourite calc called "Console Calculator" from ZoeSoft was also like that. As for WJJsoft's freeware calculator, wow what a find, how obscure is that one?! I hunted for ages to look for a Soulver type calc, and you may have found another one. It's a shame the download is gone from their site (and from the web generally) - I may email them about it. Do you have the install exe per chance?

Renegade, hi too! Would you also find colour names (such as coral or crimson) useful in conversion too, or just the hex to dec conversion?

kunkel321:
...and as regards the "history/memory", do you mean referring to a particular line, like "line 3"? ...-Twinbee (April 08, 2012, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
  No, what I meant by 'history' is that a session would automatically be saved upon exit.  I do see that you already have a "Save" function, which is nice, but I often don't think I'll need to re-visit a calculation when, later, I then do.    For example yesterday I calculate 2+2, but don't think I need to save it.  Then, sure enough, today I run in to 2+2 again, or worse, I can't even remember what the two numbers were that I had needed to sum.  It would be nice if OC saved those in memory, then I could just activate the "Show history" command and it would show me.  I guess there'd need to be an option to tell OC how many days to keep history items before purging them.  Otherwise you'd get hundreds accumulated, slowing down performance.  Also, (my thinking is) as long as the data was saved at exit, it could be pulled off of disk by OC when needed.  Therefore it wouldn't need to affect startup performance (i.e. it wouldn't get automatically loaded into RAM). 

Also, RE that 'Saturation/Tint' slider:  I see what you mean about it working as both "Saturation" and to change color...    Pretty cool implementation!

Twinbee:
Interesting. Should I implement that on a sum by sum per basis, or a whole sheet basis? If I do the latter, it would enable the user to restore multiple sums at once.

Alternatively, to make it easier for me, I could add an option to restore just the last working session (sheet). Would this offer most of what you're looking for, or should I allow restoring of previous sheets (or sums) too?

skwire:
Do you have the install exe per chance?-Twinbee (April 09, 2012, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Here you go: http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/misc/Wjjsoft-Calculator-Ver10.zip

rjbull:
As for WJJsoft's freeware calculator, wow what a find, how obscure is that one?! I hunted for ages to look for a Soulver type calc, and you may have found another one [...]Do you have the install exe per chance?-Twinbee (April 09, 2012, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes I have the file, which is no-install, but skwire beat me to it  :)  And I'm pretty sure I heard about it here on DC myself  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version