Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 20, 2014, 12:42:10 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Capturing Aero-child-windows  (Read 1458 times)
ralfs
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 07, 2012, 01:16:19 AM »

Hi mouser,

I think there is a problem in capturing child windows (e.g. settings of firefox) with Aero-transparency when they are in front of their parent-window.

When child windows is in front of its parent-window the content of the parent-window is still captured in the border of the child-window.
When the child window of a not maximized application is positioned over another window (or desktop) the content of this window is not captured in the border.
When the child window of a not maximized application is positioned half over its parent window and half over another window (or desktop) the content of the parent-window is still in the border, the content of this window not.

The black-white flashing works only over the other window.

All my settings for "window capuring 1" and "window capuring 2" are on default, I also tried with a fresh unziped portable screenshot captor.

* 1.jpg (70.77 KB, 639x394 - viewed 91 times.)

Ralf
ralfs
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 04:28:46 AM »

Bump.

Nobody else who wants to capture e.g. settings-windows with a clean background without the content of the parent-window in the border?

Ralf
Ath
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 04:36:02 AM »

Hm, I think it's a limitation of Windows, not being able to minimize/hide the parent if a modal child-windows is in front of it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.024s | Server load: 0.08 ]