topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: WMP plays all formats, incl. DivX, Mkv, FLV  (Read 2311 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WMP plays all formats, incl. DivX, Mkv, FLV
« on: April 06, 2012, 08:08 AM »
Trying to avoid the usual plural number of installed media players, I went looking for something to make my 64-bit Windows Media Player become a genuine media player..., and stumbled upon Shark007 > Windows Codecs:

The following filetypes are enabled and SUPPORTED by the installation of Shark's Codec Solutions:
amr | mpc | ofr | divx | mka | ape | flac | evo | flv | m4b | mkv | ogg | ogv | ogm | rmvb | xvid
All of the above filetypes can be queued to the Windows Media Player Playlist using a right-click
-Shark007

64-bit users must observe an important rule:

64bit users, please remember to uninstall the x64Components BEFORE uninstalling the Win7codecs.
If you forgot this sequence; install the new 32bit release and afterwards, you can uninstall and install the newer x64Components addon.

---

64bit users, after installing both the 32bit Win7codecs and the x64Components addon, do the folowing in both Settings Applications.

After installation, rightclick the Settings Application shortcut, and choose Run as Adminstrator.
The Reset function runs and completes the innitial setup. This only happens once, on 1st use, to setup the codecs.

It has been a real joy for me the last couple of days to re-watch my collection of Flash videos from YouTube, and DivX from Stage6, etcetera, in WMP, without the need for various players - except for .SWF.

http://shark007.net/index.html
http://shark007.net/...read-Setup-and-usage
Freeware.

Modified:
Be aware during installation; two toolbars are checked by default!  :(

edit#2:

After installation, rightclick the Settings Application shortcut in the Start menu ("Shark007 codecs"), and choose Run as Adminstrator.
The Reset function runs and completes the innitial setup. This only happens once, on 1st use, to setup the codecs.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 08:20 AM by Curt »