ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Website Dock

(1/2) > >>

xpi3000:
Greetings, this is my first posting and i must say that i am very impressed about the LaunchBar Commander.
And i also like that donationcoder is using SMF as forum system.

My first question is what is the best way to create a dock with weblinks only.
I tried dropping bookmarks directly from my firefox bookmark sidebar, but that does not work.
Then i tried with dropping .url files from IE favorites, that produced 'Error building tree message'.
Do i have to add all my links by hand or is there a simple drag'n'drop solution?

Thanks!

mouser:
Welcome to the site xpi3000!

Your question is an excellent one, and i'm not sure it's an issue that's been raised before.

But it sure sounds like a case where LaunchBar commander could use a new feature.

Let me go investigate it and see if I can't:

* make it easy to drag and drop url shortcuts onto LBC
* fix any bug with dropping .url files
* add something i've been meaning to add, a simple way to tell LBC to populate a menu with items from a simple .txt file

xpi3000:
Wow, such quick reply.
That possibly will be the answer to my browser dock question.
 :-*

mouser:
I have now added the ability to drop urls (like from browser icon) and url shortcuts onto launchbar targets.  Will be in next release.

xpi3000:
Please add options for url shortcuts like: use site title. for that internet functions would have to be used. only the area before <body> has to be loaded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version