ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

CISPA is the New SOPA/PIPA/OPEN/ACTA/etc. etc. etc.

<< < (6/9) > >>

Renegade:
Looks like Brin may have felt he was misquoted or quoted out of context, or something. See the clarification on his G+ here.
-IainB (April 18, 2012, 04:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

But regardless of how you feel about digital ecosystems or about Google, please do not take the free and open internet for granted from government intervention. To the extent that free flow of information threatens the powerful, those in power will seek to suppress it.

--- End quote ---

+1 for Sergey Brin there! Totally on board there. Just not sure if he's on the level there... But that doesn't mean he's not right. :D

IainB:
I started a thread with a link where people can sign a petition against CISPA here. ;) Hint hint. ;)
-Renegade (April 18, 2012, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks! Signed.

IainB:
+1 for Sergey Brin there! Totally on board there....
-Renegade (April 18, 2012, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1 Yes, me too. I thought it was very heartening to read that.

Renegade:
I started a thread with a link where people can sign a petition against CISPA here. ;) Hint hint. ;)
-Renegade (April 18, 2012, 06:30 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks! Signed.
-IainB (April 18, 2012, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Awesome~! :D

(Hint hint... everyone else, you'll be awesome too if you support not being spied on and not being censored. ;) That was so totally shameless... I should be ashamed... :P But I'm not~! :D )

TaoPhoenix:
More CISPA news.

http://hothardware.com/News/CISPA-Bill-To-Obliterate-Privacy-Laws-Under-Guise-of-Cybersecurity-A-Blank-Check-of-Privacy-Invasion/

"One of the bill's key passages is a provision that gives private companies the right to share cybersecurity data with each other and with the government "notwithstanding any other provision of law."

Edit: US House passes CISPA.
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/04/house-passes-cispa/

The Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act, or CISPA, sponsored by Reps. Mike Rogers (R-Michigan) and Dutch Ruppersberger (D-Maryland), passed on a vote of 248 to 168.

Lovely. That means it's "Bi-Partisan", so there's no escape in the upcoming election.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version