ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

web dir in excel

<< < (2/4) > >>

kunkel321:
Yea, I use ASAP..  It's VERY cool!

AndyM:
ASAP Utilities, indispensable!   :up:

Target:
I have an EXCEL file and I want to select some cells and append to the begining of the text of each of these cells another specific text (which is constant)

then, urls will be formed in these cells and I want to download the files that these urls point to and make the files open when I click the relevant cell-kalos (April 04, 2012, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd like to have a game with this, got some examples?

also, what version of office are you using?

kalos:
I have an EXCEL file and I want to select some cells and append to the begining of the text of each of these cells another specific text (which is constant)

then, urls will be formed in these cells and I want to download the files that these urls point to and make the files open when I click the relevant cell-kalos (April 04, 2012, 03:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd like to have a game with this, got some examples?

also, what version of office are you using?
-Target (April 09, 2012, 07:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use EXCEL 2003

an example would be a list of all these PDFs:

http://www.efloras.org/web_page.aspx?flora_id=12&page_id=1155

thanks

IainB:
I figured you might be able to  do this in a Google docs spreadsheet, using the GoogleLookup function - which I have used in the past. So I went to create a spreadsheet in docs to demonstrate the thing working, only to find that GoogleLookup has been disabled.
After a quick search I found here that:
GoogleLookup
The GoogleLookup function was retired in November 2011. This function relied on technology from Google Squared, a Google Lab that has been shut down. As a result, the GoogleLookup function can no longer be used, and cells that contain GoogleLookup functions will return an error.

--- End quote ---
GoogleLookup was a surprisingly powerful data gathering and linking function. It was ruddy brilliant.     :Thmbsup:
I don't know on what basis Google substantiated discontinuing it. Maybe it was too good or risked breaching copyright, or something. Very odd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version