Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 30, 2014, 11:00:32 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Need app to find album cover art?  (Read 2946 times)
moerl
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: April 03, 2006, 08:36:31 PM »

I need an alternative to Album Cover Finder to find images for the albums in my music collection. My music is all MP3's, and all are organized in this way:

Artist - Album/Artist - Album - Track # - Track Title.mp3

Now, I'd love to get the above mentioned Album Cover Finder, except it seems it only works with iTunes. The feature where it can find ALL the album cover art for your entire music collection in one step, at least. That would be EXTREMELY handy. Anyone know of another app like this?

Thanks
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 09:32:14 PM »

if you use winamp, then you can always search at its website for plugins...
e.g. http://www.winamp.com/plugins/browse.php?search=yes&filter=C&query=Album+Cover+Finder

moerl
Charter Member

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 09:35:42 PM »

I use Foobar2000 :/, but thanks for trying.
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 09:50:00 PM »

I use Foobar2000 :/, but thanks for trying.

no problem.. i'm in the google mood anyway, so here you are:

moerl
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 11:17:17 PM »

Oh trust me.. I googled as well. Had I found what I'm looking for by Googling, this thread would never have been born. I found the second link, for example, by googling. That looks EXACTLY like what I'm looking for, except it seems it's only for Linux and I'm running Windows Sad

I'll see if I can find anything good from the first link though. Thanks.

EDIT:
Shit, nevermind! The guy DOES have a Windows version up of Album Cover Art Downloader! Sweetness. I have to check it out. Right now! I'll still read the FB2K thread. Looks good smiley -- Thank you for finding this, and for motivating me to recheck out Album Cover Art Downloader.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:20:40 PM by moerl » Logged
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 06:45:31 AM »

Album Cover Art Downloader seems to work pretty well - at least for well-known albums, anyway. It did come up with some "industrial tribute" for Metallica's Black Album though, heh.

- carpe noctem
iphigenie
Supporting Member

curiosity FTW!

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 06:58:57 AM »

yes, sometimes the album image search in media center also comes up with strange matches, it's amusing Wink
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 07:01:05 AM »

Btw it doesn't seem to handle international characters very well - when I click "Andersens Drømme", it stalls for a few seconds, and doesn't show the coverart... renamed to "Andersens Droemme" and it works perfectly.

- carpe noctem
urlwolf
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 07:47:31 AM »

Mediamonkey has a plugin for this, batch art finder (search the forums).
Seems to work well.
Nighted
Charter Honorary Member

Meat Popsicle

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 04:10:51 PM »

I was going to mention Album Cover Art Downloader too....

CD Art Display is like a cd case that displays the cover and song info, etc...you can set it to automatically download covers for you as you play songs. You will probably be better off using the latest beta...it's in the forum.

I`m a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class, especially since I rule.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.1 ]