ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snack Guidelines

Idea - Paste utility...

(1/2) > >>

sicknero:
I don't know if I'm posting in the right place here... definitely don't know if this qualifies at all as a 'snack', but...

In Firefox, there's an add-on called 'Clippings', which lets you add text items to a context sub-menu for instant pasting into text areas. I know nothing about coding, but I'm wondering how possible/difficult would it be to have something like this that works globally across Windows? i.e. in Notepad, Open Office, Open/Save dialogs, etc?

mouser:
Most clipboard tools, like my own Clipboard Help and Spell (which frankly may be overkill for what you are wanting), allow you to create favorite clips that you can bring up in a menu when you press a hotkey, to let you paste into any program.

sicknero:
Thanks for your reply ... yes I have used Clipboard Help+Spell for several years, it's very good. But it's really the whole hotkey and seperate list thing, that I'd like to lose if possible, just for the purposes of quickly pasting particular snippets of text.

barney:
You might consider a text replacement app.  tranglos created one (1) for DC's NANY 2012, Ethervane Echo.  I've been using something similar, ShortKeys for years.  Either of these works across nearly all Windows windows.

sicknero:
Hi Barney thanks for your suggestion... I thought I'd tried all the freeware clipboard apps but Ethervane Echo is new to me so I'll try it today.
Shortkeys also looks v good, but ideally I'd like a solution that's entirely mouse-driven (most of my working day is spent with my mouse in one hand and a piece of paper or cuppa in the other). And also freeware if poss... not because I'm too tight to pay out for a good solution (honestly!), but because I don't use credit cards so actually paying for stuff can be difficult.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version