topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ashton Kutcher to play Apple founder in Steve Jobs biopic  (Read 2247 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I cant think of a worse possible candidate for such a role...Except maybe Ricky Gervais

Ashton Kutcher has been cast as Steve Jobs in one of two competing biopics about the late founder of Apple, reports Variety.

Kutcher, who bears some resemblance to the young Jobs, has been cast in a version by Swing Vote's Joshua Michael Stern, which will chronicle the entrepreneur's journey from "wayward hippie" to co-founder of the iconic technology firm, "where he became one of the most revered creative entrepreneurs of our time".

"I had the idea the day Jobs retired and I notice several IT and art directors at my company all in a buzz," producer Mark Hulme of Five Star Insitute told TheWrap. "I was observing that day how distractive his retirement was to the marketplace and I knew in my heart that his story was the film I wanted to do".

http://www.guardian....biopic?newsfeed=true

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ashton Kutcher to play Apple founder in Steve Jobs biopic
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 12:52 AM »
I figure the Apple fans are hating this. I feel for them. Kutcher couldn't act his way out of a wet paper bag. I would have chosen Stanley Tucci.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ashton Kutcher to play Apple founder in Steve Jobs biopic
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 04:35 PM »
Kelsey Grammar would have made a good match, hes a great actor :)

I'm not a fan of Apple at all, but I do respect how good at Marketing Steve Jobs was.