ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

TaskCatcher, $1.99, today only

(1/2) > >>

oblivion:
TaskCatcher's a bit of an oddity -- a program you didn't know you needed until you have it. It's a sister program to Winpatrol, in case you haven't come across it.

It's probably not for everyone.

I use it to ensure that programs I absolutely rely on to be there when I want them are always there, regardless, but you can also use it to ensure something you never want to run doesn't happen.

It's tiny and reliable, as you'd expect if you're already a Winpatrol user. (You aren't? Why not?)

Just for today, it's $1.99. It's a "per machine" license, which makes sense when you consider what it's for. So I'm buying a second copy. :)

You can read more about it here.

Jibz:
Nice one .. just for the record, it says some features are not supported on 64-bit (doesn't say which though).

oblivion:
Nice one .. just for the record, it says some features are not supported on 64-bit (doesn't say which though).
-Jibz (April 02, 2012, 06:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed. But given that v2 is on the horizon and will be a free upgrade, the $1.99 might be a fair bet anyway. :)

Jibz:
Definitely, just wanted to point it out :Thmbsup:.

Steven Avery:
Hi,

Yep, downloading it now, will probably buy for a few puters.  However, "For under 2 bucks you can't go wrong." is not the standard straight arrow BillP.  $1.99 ... "under 2 bucks" :) .

Keep in mind that Task Catcher has to be running to tell you that others are not running. so its resistance to mal-difficulties should be remembered.  Anyway, it supplies a nice central repository where you make sure your full group of security programs ("layered" is my fav way) are running.  I often look in system trays to check stuff like this, and I can ferget what I have on one computer or another.

Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version