topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 2:35 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TaskCatcher, $1.99, today only  (Read 5754 times)

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
TaskCatcher, $1.99, today only
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:51 AM »
TaskCatcher's a bit of an oddity -- a program you didn't know you needed until you have it. It's a sister program to Winpatrol, in case you haven't come across it.

It's probably not for everyone.

I use it to ensure that programs I absolutely rely on to be there when I want them are always there, regardless, but you can also use it to ensure something you never want to run doesn't happen.

It's tiny and reliable, as you'd expect if you're already a Winpatrol user. (You aren't? Why not?)

Just for today, it's $1.99. It's a "per machine" license, which makes sense when you consider what it's for. So I'm buying a second copy. :)

You can read more about it here.
-- bests, Tim

...this space unintentionally left blank.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:07 AM by oblivion, Reason: Added blog post where I saw this »

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TaskCatcher, $1.99, today only
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 06:15 AM »
Nice one .. just for the record, it says some features are not supported on 64-bit (doesn't say which though).

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 06:54 AM »
Nice one .. just for the record, it says some features are not supported on 64-bit (doesn't say which though).

Indeed. But given that v2 is on the horizon and will be a free upgrade, the $1.99 might be a fair bet anyway. :)
-- bests, Tim

Jibz

• Developer
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 07:02 AM »
Definitely, just wanted to point it out :Thmbsup:.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 09:29 AM »
Hi,

Yep, downloading it now, will probably buy for a few puters.  However, "For under 2 bucks you can't go wrong." is not the standard straight arrow BillP.  $1.99 ... "under 2 bucks" :) .

Keep in mind that Task Catcher has to be running to tell you that others are not running. so its resistance to mal-difficulties should be remembered.  Anyway, it supplies a nice central repository where you make sure your full group of security programs ("layered" is my fav way) are running.  I often look in system trays to check stuff like this, and I can ferget what I have on one computer or another.

Steven

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 10:10 PM »
Hi,

Picked up 3 so far.  3 for the price of 1/2.   Good way to support BillP (an integrity software guy with fine stuff) and help your system at the same time.  

Less than an hour on the sale.  I suggest at least pick up one so you can play with it indefinitely on one system. Good example of the ease of Paypal, 1-2-3.
Note, though, that with the NY sales tax, it is way over $2.  ($2.15) :)

Steven

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2012, 04:47 PM »
Wish I had seen this earlier.  Looks like a neat program, but $12.95 per computer is a bit much for such a niche to me unfortunately.

oblivion

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 05:29 PM »
Wish I had seen this earlier.  Looks like a neat program, but $12.95 per computer is a bit much for such a niche to me unfortunately.
I paid full price for my first license. It seemed expensive at the time but I was having problems with software going away when my netbook resumed from sleep and it was the only solution I found that actually worked. Given that, I couldn't really argue with the price!

It IS a bit of a niche product, but -- in common with Bill's other stuff -- it's small, unobtrusive, and It Just Works. Much like a lot of stuff that lives on this site, now I think of it, just less free. :)
-- bests, Tim

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 05:37 PM »
Hi,

Suggestion: send a note to BillP .. point him to this thread.  You never know.

Steven

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 06:34 PM »
Good idea... can't hurt. :)

UPDATE: Bill contacted me, and sorted it all.  These are the kinds of developers I have no reservations about supporting!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 11:53 AM by wraith808 »