ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

restart router after few minutes of inactivity

<< < (2/5) > >>

4wd:
What's your router make/model ?

Do you have access to your routers configuration settings, (user/password) ?

This will be more easily accomplished by sending commands via telnet I would think but before that we can try turning some things off in the router, (like error logging).

Also, do you do a lot of BitTorrenting, (that can also screw up a router by having too many NAT sessions open - router dependant) ?

rgdot:
I have live(d) through many broadband issues and definitely sympathize.
Isn't this likely more the domain of a modem rather than router? Having said that, like mentioned, make/model is first thing to know.

4wd:
Isn't this likely more the domain of a modem rather than router?-rgdot (April 01, 2012, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, router is rather generically used for combined modem/router these days, as is modem when they mean the combined modem/router, (parents).  :-\

Innuendo:
Unfortunately, router is rather generically used for combined modem/router these days, as is modem when they mean the combined modem/router, (parents).  :-\
Especially since the OP is talking about DSL. It's very rare to see separate routers & modems handed out by DSL ISPs. It's almost always a unit with both built in.
--- End quote ---
-4wd (April 01, 2012, 08:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

kalos:
my router is Pirelli (not sure which model)

it does have a way to reboot, by visiting http://router.ip/cgi-bin/restart.exe, I think

I never do bittorrent

so, I guess I can visit the above address every x minutes of inactivity? any hint how to do that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version