ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Welcome to Big Brother UK

<< < (2/6) > >>

nudone:
Okay, I think i've had enough now. I've just been reading the "rules" for the new UK and EU Cookie Law. Not only is our world turning into a Techno 1984, it's also going to parody Kafka at his best...

We are going to have perplexing laws that protect our privacy online by pretending to control cookies (and thereby grinding the web to a halt), whilst having other pointless laws to make a mockery of such "privacy".

Like, er, wow, just wow. I'm kind of in a state of shock.

IainB:
If this is not an April Fool's joke, then it at least categorically confirms what seemed to be the direction that probably had to be and was being taken to improve security in the UK anyway.
It is presumably substantiated by the fact that the UK needs to massively strengthen its internal security. The IRA bombings were one thing - and they have stopped - but the current state of affairs arguably started or came to the forefront for urgent attention with the need for dramatically increased security and protection from "home-grown" Islamic jihad terrorists - e.g., such as in the cases of the 2005-07-07 London transport (bus/underground) bombings, and later the prosecutions of foiled Islamic terrorist bomb plots. This form of internal Islamic jihad/terrorism is apparently becoming a systemic and growing problem as the UK demography changes (nothing stands still).
Then the case of the London Chav riots of August 2011, just highlighted that in all the cases it was clear that telecommunications were key factors in preparing/executing the felonies, and in solving the cases afterwards so that they could be properly prosecuted in law.

I detest the interference of Orwellian-like Big Brother or statist government in citizens' affairs. What is happening in the UK is arguably part of the thin end of the wedge of Totalitarianism, but I suspect that the UK government - like the US - has found itself with few options left. Given that a proper government has the mandate to protect civilians and their property, it would be irrational not to use those options. Failure to do so would present the police and armed forces with an impossible responsibility for internal security.

At least the UK has not yet (to my knowledge) followed the US in setting up - apparently at great cost to the taxpayer and for little apparent return - what are effectively separate government-directed bureaucracies or internal armies or police/security operations. These operations seem to exist to prevent or work against what is essentially potential civil unrest or civil non-compliance - e.g., the Department of Homeland Security (motto: Preserving Our Freedoms, Protecting America), the EPA, and the TSA.

Give it time, I suppose...

Carol Haynes:
How do you know they don't exist? I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were extra secret departments.

The UK and the US can in no way be called democracies in any acceptable sense of the world. Both countries are becoming increasingly totalitarian in their attitudes, using the police and armed forces to suppress any kind of real dissent,  and the UK is becoming more of an effective dictatorship daily with the small cabal (the inner cabinet) riding roughshod over parliament and even over the views of their own party. The UK masks the descent by having meaningless elections every five years but given that the political parties are all equally corrupt and all have basically the same policies and approaches to political reform it can only get worse!

mahesh2k:
These types of actions are in public because there are still some people within government who care about public. What will happen when every person within government gets sold and new policies will be passed without much public releases? We've seen that happened here in India and now BBM, Skype, Yahoo Messenger and Gtalk logs are shared with government if there is any connection made from this country to war zone (sensitive countries). So we're reacting on things that we read/see in news otherwise many things are done in dark and public is not aware of it.

Renegade:
EDIT - Oh bugger... I mucked this up... Modified when I meant to quote... :(

Quote from: IainB on 2012-04-02, 09:50:10
It is presumably substantiated by the fact that the UK needs to massively strengthen its internal security. The IRA bombings were one thing - and they have stopped - but the current state of affairs arguably started or came to the forefront for urgent attention with the need for dramatically increased security and protection from "home-grown" Islamic jihad terrorists - e.g., such as in the cases of the 2005-07-07 London transport (bus/underground) bombings, and later the prosecutions of foiled Islamic terrorist bomb plots. This form of internal Islamic jihad/terrorism is apparently becoming a systemic and growing problem as the UK demography changes (nothing stands still).

7/7 was most likely a staged event by a criminal, terrorist government, and not any "bogeymen terrorists".

A quick search turns up a staggering amount of evidence. Here's one:

http://www.globalresearch...hp?context=va&aid=782

Most "terrorist" actions originate with western governments, and not any "jihadists".

Oklahoma city... The FBI ran it. Do a search. It's all out there.

The *first* World Trade Center bombings... FBI again running that. Do a search. It's all out there.

Looking for more false flag terrorism? There are simply too many to count. Gulf of Tonkin. The Spanish-American war. This stuff is par for the course. The only rational reaction is to assume that any given terrorist act is a false flag. They're THAT common. It's irrational to assume that the "terrorists" are actual terrorists that are not run by the US/UK, etc.

These criminals are habitual, ritualistic monsters. If it works once, it'll work again, and false flag terrorism has been working for them for a VERY long time.

Sheesh... These are the same people that released the head of Auschwitz after a few years then put him in control of a PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY. The Nazis weren't defeated... They were just absorbed into the Allies. Check it out... I'm not going to do anybody's homework here. All this stuff is out in the open for anyone to find out.

Quote from: IainB on 2012-04-02, 09:50:10
I detest the interference of Orwellian-like Big Brother or statist government in citizens' affairs. What is happening in the UK is arguably part of the thin end of the wedge of Totalitarianism, but I suspect that the UK government - like the US - has found itself with few options left. Given that a proper government has the mandate to protect civilians and their property, it would be irrational not to use those options. Failure to do so would present the police and armed forces with an impossible responsibility for internal security.

Out of options?!?! Huh? How about the US/UK governments STOP staging terrorist attacks? That's one option.

There is NO excuse for curtailing liberty or freedom. You don't get security that way. You lose it.

DEMOCIDE - When governments murder people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide

...Rummel estimates that there have been 262 million victims of democide in the last century.

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. -Benjamin Franklin

Sheesh... I've cited that quote so many times here that I really should put it in my sig... [done]

And yeah... Once they take away enough liberty and freedom, they'll start killing people. The US President has already started murdering people without due process...

WE NEED TO WAKE UP! THESE GOVERNMENTS ARE OWNED AND RUN BY MURDEROUS CRIMINALS!

Quote from: Carol Haynes on 2012-04-02, 10:01:53
How do you know they don't exist? I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were extra secret departments.

The UK and the US can in no way be called democracies in any acceptable sense of the world. Both countries are becoming increasingly totalitarian in their attitudes, using the police and armed forces to suppress any kind of real dissent,  and the UK is becoming more of an effective dictatorship daily with the small cabal (the inner cabinet) riding roughshod over parliament and even over the views of their own party. The UK masks the descent by having meaningless elections every five years but given that the political parties are all equally corrupt and all have basically the same policies and approaches to political reform it can only get worse!

+1

The US is a police state. They just ramrodded the American people again with legislation to take control of everything and anything and declare marshal law for any reason they damn well feel like, e.g. "a threat of terrorism". Oh puh-lease!

I believe in fairies, elves, and leprechauns more than I believe in "terrorists". Search YouTube for videos about them in Iceland - interesting.

But seriously... I don't believe in terrorists. They're invented boogeymen used to scare people into surrendering their freedoms.

Regarding the parties... You're bang on.

It's a left/right illusion of choice. You have none. They're the same monster posing in two different masks. The left/right paradigm is nothing short of complete bullshit to deceive people into thinking that they live in a "free and democratic" society.

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Hell... Obama is a better Bush than Bush was! What is different about him? Nothing. "Yes we can deceive the American public and enslave them..."

Regarding:

it can only get worse!

I think that if more people wake up to this left/right BS and realize what is going on, we can avoid the dark future these criminals are planning for us all.

Just ask yourself... WHY IS THERE SUCH A VISCIOUS, CONCERTED ATTACK ON FREEDOM THAT HAS ACCELERATED MASSIVELY IN SUCH A SHORT TIME?

There's a reason... We only need to wake up enough to ask that question and look into things a bit more...

EDIT:

Let me quickly add:

"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." - U.S. President James Madison

I believe in fairies, elves, and leprechauns more than I believe in "terrorists". Search YouTube for videos about them in Iceland - interesting.

--- End quote ---

Proof in the power of fairies and magic!

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-02-28/icelandic-anger-brings-debt-forgiveness-in-best-recovery-story.html

Icelanders who pelted parliament with rocks in 2009 demanding their leaders and bankers answer for the country’s economic and financial collapse are reaping the benefits of their anger.

Since the end of 2008, the island’s banks have forgiven loans equivalent to 13 percent of gross domestic product, easing the debt burdens of more than a quarter of the population, according to a report published this month by the Icelandic Financial Services Association.

--- End quote ---

If that's not supernatural, I don't know what is~! :P ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version