ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Those "Boy's Own" type comics from the 40's & 50's

<< < (4/4)

timns:
I used to love the Eagle! Dan Dare! And the evil Mekon. I bet they'll re-make that, sometime.

And to keep us on-topic:

"Health researchers from several tobacco companies have solved the problem experienced by many sportsmen, that of the tobacco falling out of their pipes during sporting events. With this remarkable invention the tobacco is encased in a tightly rolled cardboard or paper tube which can be lit at one end whilst the other end is gripped firmly in the mouth. Favorable reports from footballers and cross-country runners show that they can keep their lungs filled with refreshing tobacco smoke even during the most strenuous activity.

Since they are lighter to hold and easier to light than a pipe, these new products, tentatively called “cigarettes,” are ideal for Junior too. Several schools are running trials where the free milk for kids program is enhanced by the addition of a midday cigarette break."

cranioscopical:
Several schools are running trials where the free milk for kids program is enhanced by the addition of a midday cigarette break."
-timns (April 02, 2012, 07:34 PM)
--- End quote ---
Soon there'll be fags at Eaton!

tomos:
I was never a big comic fan growing up, but a friend of mine used get The Victor in the 70's so I read a bit of that (all I can remember now are the dramatic war stories, very propaganda-ish in retrospect).
and of course -veering off-topic I guess :p - The Beano
with
Dennis the Menace (no, not the US one!) http://www.beano.com/retro-beano/dennis-the-menace
and Gnasher http://www.beano.com/retro-beano/gnasher%27s-tale?decade=1970

rjbull:
The Beano-tomos (April 03, 2012, 05:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
I used to like Desperate Dan and his bath-sized cow pie, with two pairs of horns sticking out of the crust at one side and two tails at the other  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version