ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: launch notepad and make it "always on top" in one click

(1/2) > >>

honwahp:
Is there a way to open notepad and make the notepad window "always on top" in one click?

lanux128:
if you're familiar with Autohotkey, then the following would be able to do what you want.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---Run, notepad.exeWinWaitActive, Untitled - Notepad  If (ErrorLevel <> 0)        WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, On         ; set to always-on-top.

honwahp:
Thanks for the quick response and I do have autohotkey installed.  However, when I ran the script, the notepad window appeared but it didn't stay on top :(  Of course I may have done something wrong.. (By the way, I am running Chinese Windows XP)

MilesAhead:
It's not "one click" but you can toggle the Topmost attribute of most application windows using Topmost Toggle. Run it. It sits in the task tray. Control Right Click on the Notepad caption bar when it has the focus. (If it's not the active window just left click on it to make it active first.)

You can download here:
http://www.favessoft.com/hotkeys.html

lanux128:
Thanks for the quick response and I do have autohotkey installed.  However, when I ran the script, the notepad window appeared but it didn't stay on top :(  Of course I may have done something wrong.. (By the way, I am running Chinese Windows XP)-honwahp (March 31, 2012, 08:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

i'm not sure what is the title of notepad in chinese winxp but try this.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---Run, notepad.exeWinWaitActive, ahk_class Notepad  If (ErrorLevel != ERROR)        WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, On         ; set to always-on-top.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version