Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 22, 2014, 03:19:44 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The DonationCoder 2012 Fundraiser Has Begun!  (Read 26557 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »

Samer from the great freewaregenius site posted a very warm announcement about our fundraiser:

(i love the image he made with dancing cody)

And Ishan at ILoveFreeSoftware.com also wrote up the fundraiser today:

Gizmo wrote about the fundraiser at his amazing and unrivaled Gizmo's Freeware site, which has caused a flood of new donations -- thank you Gizmo!!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:58:06 PM by mouser » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2012, 10:21:47 PM »

The thermometer broke !!!  Kiss Kiss Kiss
rgdot
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2012, 10:35:35 PM »

Thmbsup

Thanks to all who donated. Eight days in! 
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2012, 01:49:47 AM »

Thank you soooo much to everyone who has donated.  It's a wonderful feeling to know the site is appreciated.
We've reached our original goal of $3,000 raised for the fundraiser.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

But.. It seems Cody is up to his old fundraising tricks, never satisfied with the size of his bag of coins:

Midnight April 8th:

And then a few minutes later:

Let's see if we can reach $5,000 -- enough to pay for an entire year of our server hosting costs!  thumbs up
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:55:12 AM by mouser » Logged
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

0 - 60 ... then back to 0 again!

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »

Yep, quite a boost in the donations by now!
timns
Supporting Member

Veni, vidi, debuggi

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2012, 10:37:32 AM »

I never really noticed - are there any incentives or challenges associated with this one? Last time we did all sorts of things to spur people on.

rgdot
Supporting Member

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »

This time we all get free YUMPS support  tongue
Redhat
Charter Member

« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2012, 10:43:13 AM »

This is such great news - the model works!  Thmbsup
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »

I never really noticed - are there any incentives or challenges associated with this one? Last time we did all sorts of things to spur people on.

Actually running the fundraiser this year was a bit of a last minute decision so we didn't really have time to organize anything special.
Redhat
Charter Member

« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2012, 03:03:30 PM »

Does donating DC credit count towards the total?
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »

Sending DonationCredits to the site account will count towards the thermometer goal iff you message me and ask me to count it.
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »

TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2012, 07:51:19 PM »

Sure. As of my posting this, there are $17 dollars left! Who wants bragging rights on the last donation?  cheesy

Edit: Really? Whoever knocked it from $17 to $13 couldn't afford the bragging rights? Chops to you for donating, now it's absolutely anyone's game! Only $4 left!

Further Edit: Someone kicked it to $5025! We Win! Cody gets more birdseed (and a snip of chocolate, don't tell Mouser!)

P.P.s. "Cody isn't Sick anymore".
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 08:42:41 PM by TaoPhoenix » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2012, 08:48:20 PM »

I'm speechless... What a day of donations, 138 individual donations of the course of the last day.  Wow.

huh

What now? I guess we keep the fundraiser open till April 15th, as planned.. But everything after today is just gravy.

I'm half tempted to buy a used van, paint Cody's picture on it, and drive across the planet personally thanking everyone who donated.
barney
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2012, 08:54:02 PM »

If yer gonna go that route, you need to get that flying car that's floating around on another topic  tongue tongue tongue.  Van'd take too long.

Make a good day ... barn
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2012, 09:50:47 PM »

I'm speechless...
That's a dumb thing to say!

What a day of donations
Fabulous!

Chris
barney
Charter Member

« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2012, 10:55:51 PM »

We may have to change your handle from cranioscopical to inveterate  tongue Kiss tongue.

Make a good day ... barn
TaoPhoenix
Supporting Member

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2012, 06:27:33 AM »

If yer gonna go that route, you need to get that flying car that's floating around on another topic.

"Floating on another topic?"
I caught the pun! Grin
robmets
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2012, 08:39:54 AM »

Just saw this place referenced from Gizmo's Hot Finds.
Not even sure what you guys have to offer, but it seems like you guys have a great approach and attitude.
So I decided to donate just because.
barney
Charter Member

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2012, 08:59:41 AM »

Welcome to the fray!  Gets a bit crazy at times, but here resides the least elitist forum group I've ever found.  (Warning:  it helps to have a slightly warped sense of humour  tongue.)

Make a good day ... barn
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2012, 09:04:42 AM »

Just saw this place referenced from Gizmo's Hot Finds.
Not even sure what you guys have to offer, but it seems like you guys have a great approach and attitude.

Firstly, Welcome!
Secondly, Thanks!
Thirdly, Take a look around, we have lots of free software on offer, reviews, and a LOT of helpful topics smiley

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
robmets
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2012, 09:21:17 AM »

20+ years in the Army = very warped sense of humor, so no problem there
(Just don't take the sarcasm personally) undecided
looking forward to the review and helpful topics!!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #72 on: April 10, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »

Ok I have set the final final goal of the fundraiser, to $7,000.  We've already exceeded our expectations so whether we reach that or not means nothing -- but I thought we might as well set it now to something that we have to stretch for.
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

« Reply #73 on: April 10, 2012, 01:35:58 PM »

something that we have to stretch for.
Well, it is spring, and we are looking for expansion...

Chris
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2012, 01:41:39 PM »

something that we have to stretch for.
Well, it is spring, and we are looking for expansion...

Ha!

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.047s | Server load: 0.02 ]