ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PerfectDisk Free Edition

<< < (3/4) > >>

IainB:
You an also right click on the drive and do a Boot time scan which optimises Windows files during the next restart. Makes a big difference.
-Carol Haynes (April 03, 2012, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, thanks. I didn't know that feature existed! Shoulda' RTM?
Tried it anyway and will see if I can notice an improved loading speed. Theoretically, it should make things more efficient or have a speed-up effect - same as all housekeeping really (e.g., including cleaning the garbage out of the Registry, defragging the disk, or running cleanmgr).

Innuendo:
Thanks for posting re this @Innuendo.-IainB (April 02, 2012, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad you are enjoying the freebie. I hope it encourages you to try out the trial version of the retail product. PerfectDisk is my favorite defragger by far and I've tried them all (and try out every new version their competitors release).

rjbull:
PerfectDisk is my favorite defragger by far and I've tried them all (and try out every new version their competitors release).-Innuendo (April 04, 2012, 03:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

Including Puran Defragmenter, which I've seen good comments on?

Tinman57:
  I use Piriform Defraggler, it's completely free and works great.  They are also the ones that made CCleaner and Recuva.  http://www.piriform.com/defraggler/download

Carol Haynes:
Defraggler is fine but it doesn't seem to do much more than Windows Defragger.

PerfectDisk is my preferred defragger because it not only defrags but reorganises your drive to reduce future fragmentation and also has the Boot Time option to optimize windows system files which can never be defragged while windows is running. The Boot time defrag makes a significant difference in older windows installations as years of updates leave system file fragmentation in a really bad state.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version