ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

PerfectDisk Free Edition

<< < (2/4) > >>

Innuendo:
It looks like the FTP is the 64 bit installer.-Steven Avery (April 01, 2012, 01:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, Stephen. The link I posted is to the 64-bit installer which is why I typed "here's a direct link to the x64 installer" and the FTP URL even has x64 in the path name.

I couldn't reverse-engineer the path for the x86 executable & I have no x86-based Windows installs to run the CNet installer to let it tell me what the path is.

Carol Haynes:
It looks like the FTP is the 64 bit installer.-Steven Avery (April 01, 2012, 01:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, Stephen. The link I posted is to the 64-bit installer which is why I typed "here's a direct link to the x64 installer" and the FTP URL even has x64 in the path name.

I couldn't reverse-engineer the path for the x86 executable & I have no x86-based Windows installs to run the CNet installer to let it tell me what the path is.
-Innuendo (April 01, 2012, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I just posted the 32-bit direct link  :Thmbsup: Here is is again!

http://ftp.raxco.com/pub/download/PDFree/win32/setup.exe

IainB:
-Innuendo (April 01, 2012, 09:26 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's nice.

IainB:
Thanks for posting re this @Innuendo.
Just thought I'd post some feedback:

* I downloaded and installed PDFE (64bit version) and it seems to work fine.    :Thmbsup:
* I noticed that it apparently hooks into and uses the Win7 defragger, taking over its scheduled operation.
* The reports it gives are quite informative and with some useful charts, and I like that the reports can be saved/printed.
* I was nervously wondering whether shuffling around my disk data during the defrag process might cause my Hard Disk Sentinel to detect some more bad sectors - back in Oct. 2011 it detected 21 bad sectors on the disk surface - but there hasn't been a murmur from HDS so far, praise be to Magneto!

Carol Haynes:
You an also right click on the drive and do a Boot time scan which optimises Windows files during the next restart. Makes a big difference.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version