ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Help is NO HELP

<< < (5/8) > >>

tomos:
I think Windows fixed this issue for me.   :)

I just opened WordPad, clicked New and used Save As.  When I opened it again... D: was listed before the file name and... and... IT OPENED!!!!!    :D
-crabby3 (April 06, 2012, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, if you go to my documents now (or "Documents") can you check if the location is actually on D:

crabby3:
I think Windows fixed this issue for me.   :)

I just opened WordPad, clicked New and used Save As.  When I opened it again... D: was listed before the file name and... and... IT OPENED!!!!!    :D
-crabby3 (April 06, 2012, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

So, if you go to my documents now (or "Documents") can you check if the location is actually on D:
-tomos (April 06, 2012, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure what you mean.   :tellme:

crabby3:
@tomos

I not sure what I'm doing... no matter what I'm doing... if it's the first time I'm doing it.   ;D   And the hard-way seems to be my favorite way to learn stuff... so any help I'm given by you, tomos, or anyone else at DC... is very much appreciated.  :D

I understand that you don't have Vista... but help is help... right?   :)

tomos:
Not sure what you mean.   :tellme:
-crabby3 (April 06, 2012, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

One way of checking would be to try to open a file using WordPad
in the menu File>Open or use the shortcut Control+O

I get this dialogue

- it will look different on your machine, but Documents or My Documents should be shown on the left - click on that.
If you're not sure whats being shown just try and describe anyway :-)

If I click on the Addressbar towards the top - it's highlighted in this screenshot - if I click in there, it will change from something like
Users > XYZ > My Documents
in my case it changes to:
Z:/My Documents
(cause that's where *my* docs are!)

This might not be so clear on your machine, but it's worth a shot!

crabby3:
Not sure what you mean.   :tellme:
-crabby3 (April 06, 2012, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

One way of checking would be to try to open a file using WordPad
in the menu File>Open or use the shortcut Control+O

I get this dialogue
 (see attachment in previous post)
- it will look different on your machine, but Documents or My Documents should be shown on the left - click on that.
If you're not sure whats being shown just try and describe anyway :-)

If I click on the Addressbar towards the top - it's highlighted in this screenshot - if I click in there, it will change from something like
Users > XYZ > My Documents
in my case it changes to:
Z:/My Documents
(cause that's where *my* docs are!)
 (see attachment in previous post)
This might not be so clear on your machine, but it's worth a shot!
-tomos (April 06, 2012, 08:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

In WordPad I clicked File>Open and got a similar dialog (your first screenshot).

(quote)
      (The DATA (D:), that used to say Documents, was already highlighted... I clicked it anyway but nothing changed.)

When I clicked the Addressbar... it changed from Computer>DATA (D:)>     to D:\

Note:  As I mentioned above, I think Reply#15, my Start Menu now lists Documents as DATA (D:).    In the right pane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version