Windows Explorer Folder View settings - Vista Forums
Thank You, Curt
, your first link helped me understand the problem a little more and I was able to fix it.
...Though I used a less agressive method
. Being the 'novice' that I am... I try not to delete or change any Windows Files.
What I did:
1) Opened My Pictures, clicked Tools, Folder Options, View and un-checked Remember each folder's view settings
, then restarted my computer.**
2) Opened My Pictures, clicked Tools, Folder Options, View and checked Remember each folder's view settings
, then restarted again.
3) Opened several different windows, moving and resizing the way I want them, and again... restarted.
4) Opened all the windows I had moved/resized... and... and... they remembered where and how big they were.
4.5) Not done yet...
5) Opened a few programs that seem to refresh my desktop or change the resolution as they load. (XP stuff...games, PSP, etc.) And... restarted.
6) Opened all the windows I had moved/resized and they still remembered
where and how big.
** Go to step 2 ...if the box is already un-checked
This might be considered restart-overkill... but how much is too much... when you're testing something?
I'm just glad to get past this Windows Amnesia
Thanks again Curt