topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 1:15 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Free & always will be, get Portable Virtual Operating System, Prayaya V3  (Read 8858 times)

karenna

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Prayaya V3 is a smart technology that allows you to take your entire PC on a USB drive or any other removable storage device. By hooking the kernel of PC and redirecting file operations, Prayaya V3 virtualizes an operating system on which you can store all your apps, data and settings. It makes any PC your PC, makes almost any app portable and protects your data and privacy.

System Requirements: Windows 2000/ 2003/ XP/ 7 (no x64 support)
Publisher: Prayaya Electronics
Homepage:  http://en.prayaya.com/index.html
Release date: March, 25th, 2012
File-size: 5.9 M
Language: English
Price: Free

Prayaya V3 was sold at $49.00 before but NOW it’s a FREEWARE! You are welcome to download it Free.
Click here to enjoy the convenience and effeciency shared by Prayaya V3.

Download Link:
http://en.prayaya.co...wnload/prayayav3.zip

Trouble support
If you have any problems during installing or using Prayaya V3, you are much more than welcome to contact us at [email protected].

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Are you associated with this product?

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice to see there's an alternative to the discontinued MojoPac.

There's a review over on the Dedoimedo website that's interesting reading. (Note: this review was written when Prayaya was still a paid product so some comments may no longer be relevant.) Test system used for the review was Windows 7 SP1.

I'd really love to give this product a try. Unfortunately, all my machines are running Windows 7 64-bit - and Prayaya does not support 64-bit systems. So there's a showstopper for me. :huh:

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I suppose you could set up a 32-bit VM you want in VirtualBox or VMware and then use this to put it on a USB stick ;)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
^I was more under the impression that it wouldn't work if the key were plugged into a 64-bit system at all. Also, some of the support discussions about disabling UAC on the guest host defeated the purpose because this would only be a viable product for me if I could just plug it in. Regardless of opinions about how useful UAC is, I can't run around changing systems and security settings on other people's machines. It's just 'not done' most places I'd want to use Prayaya.

If they could find a way to work around that, and add support for 64-bit, I'd happily pay for it.
 :)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 11:07 AM by 40hz »

karenna

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
^I was more under the impression that it wouldn't work if the key were plugged into a 64-bit system at all. Also, some of the support discussions about disabling UAC on the guest host defeated the purpose because this would only be a viable product for me if I could just plug it in. Regardless of opinions about how useful UAC is, I can't run around changing systems and security settings on other people's machines. It's just 'not done' most places I'd want to use Prayaya.

I'm sorry that Prayaya V3 dont's support 64-bit so far. But it's free from now on though.
If they could find a way to work around that, and add support for 64-bit, I'd happily pay for it.
 :)

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The trouble is without 64-bit support it is rapidly becoming redundant (free or not) since almost all new systems now come with 64-bit windows. It is useful for older systems run XP and some Vista installations but given that XP is officially coming to an end soon I would guess most of these computers are likely top be upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit at some point.

I presume the only reason it has been made free is because they don't plan to add 64-bit and so it will from now on be pretty much abandoned.