ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

PC Time

(1/3) > >>

Knutchen:
Hi all,

I am asking for help.

I would like to know when PC

a) has started from off or resumes from standby/hibernate
b) went off or went to standby/hibernate

for, let's say, the last 14 days.

Can anybody help? I use Windows XP.

Best regards

Knutchen

Shades:
The tool you will find after following this link should be of help to you. It freeware and portable.

Knutchen:
Thanks for telling. I tried this program before, unfortunately it does not work correctly.

Best regards

Knutchen

40hz:
Probably the most reliable way would be to set up a custom view in the event viewer to log and then filter for informational events about going from normal power (S0) to sleep states (S1,S2,S3) and the hibernate state (S4). When you transition from one power state to another Windows broadcasts a system power status change. Those power state changes should show when you 're going in and out of sleep/hibernation.

I'm on the road right now so I can't give specifics, but maybe somebody else at DC could help you from here?

Luck. :Thmbsup:

Knutchen:
Thanks a lot, 40hz.

I looked up the EventLog, but I admit I was not yet able to find out which EventID numbers are for the named power states.

Perhaps you can consider to give more information later, my question is not urgent. I suppose all the needed information is in the EventLog, but I did not find a program to read it easily. "PC On/Off Time" does not work correct, else it would have been satisfying for my purpose. I would like to distinguish between "off", meaning S1, S2, S3, S4, S5 and "on".

Result given as list, e.g.

on:2012-03-29-17.54.23
off: 2012-03-29-18.23.57
on:  2012-03-29-19.08.12

and so on

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version