ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

how to install Screenshot Captor for All users of a computer

(1/1)

whisper2450:
We are trying to us Screenshot Captor on a computer that multiple people login in to during the day. I have installed the program on a Windows 7 professional computer when I was logged in and set some of the preferences and options like Start with Windows.

When another person logs into the computer the program does not automatically start and none of the settings I made are set.

Is it possible to install the program for all users of a computer and also have the settings applied or do we need to do this every time a new person logs into the computer?

mouser:
By default on Win7 its going to use a separate configuration file for each user that logs in.

If you want all users to share the same settings, what you can do is simply edit the configdir.ini file in the program's directory, and give it a shared writable location to store it's settings.  Make sure you point it to a directory that all user accounts can write to.

db90h:
Make sure you point it to a directory that all user accounts can write to.
-mouser (March 28, 2012, 09:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

e.g. The 'Public' folders  ...

SSC FTW

whisper2450:
Thanks - that works. But I ahd to add one more thing - I had to add the Screenshot Captor to the all users start menu - all programs - staartup folder located C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

this makes it autostart with windows with the correct settings when a new user logs into the computer for the first time. they won't have to launch the program the first time st logon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version