ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

JustCloud.com: It's All Lies

<< < (2/5) > >>

4wd:
...they just seemed to offer unlimited storage for free, -Stephen66515 (March 28, 2012, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

TBH, they don't say you get Free Unlimited Storage.  They say you get Free Storage and there's also Unlimited Storage, (for a price).

It's just the typical marketing doublespeak that's common these days.

bob99:
Thanks for the heads up and taking the time to check this out and post about it. I am trying to stay away from keeping it "in the cloud" as much as I can anyway. Still good information to have available.

40hz:
...they just seemed to offer unlimited storage for free, -Stephen66515 (March 28, 2012, 06:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

TBH, they don't say you get Free Unlimited Storage.  They say you get Free Storage and there's also Unlimited Storage, (for a price).

-4wd (March 28, 2012, 06:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Which sadly gets added to all those wonderful "consumer info" sites that supposedly rate and review various offerings. I think there's something like six or seven sites exclusively dedicated to reviewing free online backup services right now. And they all seem to like everything they look at.

Wow! Just think...people selflessly dedicated to checking out all the online backup services and reporting their findings back to you. And even more impressive, they're apparently doing it "for the good of all mankind" - and at their own expense.

Pretty amazing huh? :huh:
 :-\

KynloStephen66515:
--- End quote ---

TBH, they don't say you get Free Unlimited Storage.  They say you get Free Storage and there's also Unlimited Storage, (for a price).

--- End quote ---

Any logical company would have put Unlimited Storage* with the Astrix leading to a possible (very well hidden) section of the terms and agreement which states payment must be made.  This doesn't mention premium accounts, it just says Free, Unlimited etc...VERY bad tactic.

At no point between signing up and downloading the software did I have any knowledge of this actually not being 100% free like it seemed...which meant I downloaded the sync software (Which by the way, harasses you with popups) without knowing there was no point.

KynloStephen66515:
--- End quote ---

TBH, they don't say you get Free Unlimited Storage.  They say you get Free Storage and there's also Unlimited Storage, (for a price).

--- End quote ---

Which sadly gets added to all those wonderful "consumer info" sites that supposedly rate and review various offerings. I think there's something like six or seven sites exclusively dedicated to reviewing free online backup services right now. And they all seem to like everything they look at.

Wow! Just think...people selflessly dedicated to checking out all the online backup services and reporting their findings back to you. And even more impressive, they're apparently doing it "for the good of all mankind" - and at their own expense.

Pretty amazing huh? :huh:
 :-\
-40hz (March 28, 2012, 07:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have no trust for "Consumer Review Websites" that have no ratings by actual users...for this exact reason...I generally do a quick search here on DoCo and if nothing shows, I go give it a try for myself. 

Hopefully, Google will pickup on this thread and anybody looking for information on this company will get directed here and can see exactly what to expect.

I have no idea if their service is any good when you do pay for it, and will not comment on that part of things (They may be top of their class...who knows) - But pretending to be 100% free for unlimited storage, waiting till a user has downloaded stuff and uploaded iles before telling them, HEY, you have to pay to get more than 15MB of space (Wtf can you upload thats less than 15mb?)...OH, and even if you DO find a use for this 15Mb of free space...we are going to remove that in 2 weeks if you don't fork over the money!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version