ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

JustCloud.com: It's All Lies

(1/5) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
When you see the following when looking for an online storage solution for your PC backups, you would have no other option to take it at its word.

Well...Thats exactly what I did.  I registered, downloaded the app it forces to use, and found out I only had 15MB of space on a "Trial" account.  'OK' I thought, 'I must have to complete some steps to fully activate my account'...

I wasnt wrong, as after I uploaded my first set of files, and was prompted to "back them up" - I was taken to the following screen...

So...Simply put...They are lying assholes...and I would suggest avoiding like the plague.

KynloStephen66515:
After posting this, I went in to their help center...

More proof that they are not very forthcoming when it comes to the truth, emerged...

When you need THIS, in your FAQ, most companies would stop and think what they are doing wrong...these just post a simple reply and make it look like the users fault.

I thought I paid 4.95, why have you charged me 118.80

From time to time we hear this enquiry from our customers. The order form displays the equivilant monthly price then immediately displays the term it is paid over next to it. in the case of 4.95 the term of 2 years upfront is immediately next to it, thus making it 118.80.

We try to make this as clear as possible and are trying to help our customers by offering a cheaper price for a longer commitment. We also understand that some customers are confused by this, we are of course happy to refund any users who feel they have been overcharged and will happily downgrade the account to monthly billing.
--- End quote ---

Thats in a small list of their official "Most Asked Questions" - One of only...15 or so listed...so its pretty high on the list.

eleman:
Oh, how I yearn for the day people will finally get bored of cloud solutions.

Yeah, I know, mine is a useless comment  :)

KynloStephen66515:
Oh, and the icing on the cake...

The free account seems to only last 13 days...AND they make you e-mail them just to cancel your account.

KynloStephen66515:
Oh, how I yearn for the day people will finally get bored of cloud solutions.

Yeah, I know, mine is a useless comment  :)
-eleman (March 28, 2012, 06:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't specifically look for cloud based services, they just seemed to offer unlimited storage for free, so where obviously the top of the list.  Thats until I ran across so many lies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version