topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Can't get MediaElement.js working on my webpage  (Read 6449 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Can't get MediaElement.js working on my webpage
« on: March 27, 2012, 04:08 PM »
See here:
http://tbgentertainment.com/index2.html

I've been able to get everything I want working without a hitch with jquery.  I can't seem to get this MediaElement.js video/audio player working.  i did everything according to the installation instructions, but the video doesn't show up.  It should show something above that bright blue bar.

Any advice?  I'm sure it's some stupid little thing I'm missing.  One thing the instructions say is:
### 3. Run startup script

Make sure this is not in the `<head>` tag or iOS 3 will fail.

<script>
   // jQuery method
   $('video').mediaelementplayer();
   </script>

<script>
   // normal JavaScript
   var player = new MediaElementPlayer('#player');
   </script>   

Now, my html file starts out like this:
Code: Text [Select]
  1. <html lang="en">
  2.         <head>
  3.                 <meta charset="utf-8">
  4.                 <title>The Musical Rhythm Section</title>
  5.                 <meta name="author" content="AC" >
  6.                 <meta name="description" content="The baddest rhythm section on the planet" >
  7.                 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/css/ac2.css">
  8.                 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/js/query.fancybox-1.3.4/jquery.fancybox-1.3.4/style.css">
  9.                 <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/js/mediaelement.js/build/mediaelementplayer.css" />
  11.                 <script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js"></script>
  12.                 <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery.collapser.js"></script>
  13.                 <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/jquery.collapser.min.js"></script>
  14.                 <script type="text/javascript" src="/js/mediaelement.js/build/mediaelement-and-player.min.js"></script>
  15.                 <script type="text/javascript">$('video,audio').mediaelementplayer(/* Options */);</script>
  17.         </head>
But it doesn't seem like those "video" classes are converting the way the function is supposed to do it.  i don't get it.

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Can't get MediaElement.js working on my webpage
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 04:42 PM »
Nothing visible in FF but it's there ... however it works (but I don't see any controls and had to right click and click Play) in IE9. That's a pretty good clue as to what could be wrong, something like proper declaration of it being a video?
First thought was jquery versions but it doesn't look like it.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 06:10 PM »
Nothing visible in FF but it's there ... however it works (but I don't see any controls and had to right click and click Play) in IE9. That's a pretty good clue as to what could be wrong, something like proper declaration of it being a video?
First thought was jquery versions but it doesn't look like it.
yes, i got the video up, but now the video won't play.  I wonder if it's an html5 thing?  But it's firefox!  I love these jquery animations, so nifty.  One minor issue I'm having with the jquery collapse plugin...it doesn't let me use it int he collapsed state as default.  I want that video section to only appear when a video thumbnail is clicked on and hidden otherwise.  But this is way easier to deal with than trying to get wordpress to do anything interesting.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 02:48 PM »