ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

EasyGit - Sane syntax for git

<< < (2/3) > >>

ewemoa:
There were some similar items mentioned at the bottom of the Easy Git page:

yap (announcement), by Steven Walter

A porcelain that concentrates on making git easier for those interacting with subversion repositories; particularly trying to reduce the impedance mismatch that exists between the very different workflows typically used with native git repositories versus git-svn ones.

pyrite, by Govind Salinas

A porcelain focusing on providing a Mercurial-like user interface.

yyhelp, by Tim Janik

A single file bash script serving as a minimal porcelain. Emphasis on minimal; it's a very short file with no documentation that I could find.

vng, by Thomas Zander

A porcelain focusing on providing a darcs-like user interface.

--- End quote ---

ewemoa:
Promising claims from the page:

eg makes git easy to learn and use

* easily learnable - I claim you can learn git faster by first using eg than by starting with git directly
* interchangable - You can switch between using eg and using git as often as you'd like. I do it all the same on the same repositories.
* fully capable - Unlike other wrappers for git, eg does not remove or limit any capabilities of git in order to simplify it; it just tries to layer concepts and present the capabilities in a more orderly fashion.
* compatible - eg is essentially command-line backwards compatible to git; those familiar with git can start using eg by simply replacing "git" with "eg" in their commands.
--- End quote ---

Deozaan:
The primary reason why I have been using mercurial over git is that mercurial is so much higher level and logical to understand.-justice (March 26, 2012, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I was about to say: They already have an EasyGit. It's called Mercurial. :Thmbsup:

justice:
yep but other people might be using git so it helps to have an easy way to work with it.

ewemoa:
eg seems to be a perl script -- haven't tested it thoroughly yet, but it does appear to run using StrawberryPerl and msysgit on Windows (only tried XP Pro SP3).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version