ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

I'm Going to Build a PC. Suggestions?

<< < (9/14) > >>

Innuendo:
Yes that is the one. By the way one minor frustration of that case is that it doesn't come with an external 3.5" bay.-Carol Haynes (April 02, 2012, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not much need for an external 3.5" drive bay these days. In these parts, it's hard to find anyone with a 3.5" floppy drive anymore.

Innuendo:
I have three monitors and have found very few games that don't play well. For the couple of games that don't play well pressing Win + P and choosing just one monitor to play on invariably fixes the problem.-Carol Haynes (April 02, 2012, 02:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Glad to hear that gaming has finally caught up with multiple monitors. Now if the game developers would let us hook up enough for a 360 degree view. :)

Carol Haynes:
Yes that is the one. By the way one minor frustration of that case is that it doesn't come with an external 3.5" bay.-Carol Haynes (April 02, 2012, 06:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not much need for an external 3.5" drive bay these days. In these parts, it's hard to find anyone with a 3.5" floppy drive anymore.
-Innuendo (April 02, 2012, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not so much if you want a floppy - but if you want to add a multi card reader or an eSATA caddy for plugin drives ...

Antonimo:
For good up to date information about processors, go to http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

For the money, the Intel Core i7-2700K @ 3.50GHz is a very good performer.

I just built a system using AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core on an ASUS M5A786-M/USB3 motherboard with 2 x 4GB DDR3 SDRAM. With the included software, it can be easily overclocked. It is not as good as the Intel I mentioned above, but I shall be passing it on in about 6 months.

Word of warning about the case - Don't get a really cheap one as everything will be more difficult to fit. Especially look for the front connectors that you will want to have.

MilesOhToole:
For good up to date information about processors, go to http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html

For the money, the Intel Core i7-2700K @ 3.50GHz is a very good performer.

I just built a system using AMD FX-8120 Eight-Core on an ASUS M5A786-M/USB3 motherboard with 2 x 4GB DDR3 SDRAM. With the included software, it can be easily overclocked. It is not as good as the Intel I mentioned above, but I shall be passing it on in about 6 months.

Word of warning about the case - Don't get a really cheap one as everything will be more difficult to fit. Especially look for the front connectors that you will want to have.
-Antonimo (April 03, 2012, 06:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

If my budget allowed it, I'd go with an i7.  And, WOW!  $1650 for some of those processors?

So, how much did that PC cost you, if you don't mind me asking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version