ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

how to find the oldest (=original) file on the Internet?

<< < (3/3)

nosh:
Have you tried Google's reverse image search? It lets you enter a custom date range so you can manually work your way backwards.

Except...
I don't see how you could ever identify the "oldest" version file of a digital image.
--- End quote ---
+1

Renegade:
Seems like no one really read Curt's post.
-PhilB66 (March 26, 2012, 12:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it can be answered. You can modify the date and time on a file, so there's really no such thing as an audit trail for a file.

IainB:
...I don't think it can be answered. You can modify the date and time on a file, so there's really no such thing as an audit trail for a file.
-Renegade (March 26, 2012, 05:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
If the file had been input to the 'net a long time ago, then it might have been done in a batch process, as opposed to on an ad hoc basis. In the old days of batch processing, there was usually a rigorous batch control record kept for all batch input data, with things like input document counts, data types, hash totals of any numeric (e.g., $ money) fields manually input (via data entry).
So the batch control record for an image capture/input process could conceivably provide a decent audit trail.

You'd not be so likely to find things like that nowadays though, unless (say) it was Banking or Government/Defence data capture/input.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version