ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google to Spy on Your Phone Calls Now...

(1/3) > >>

Renegade:
It never stops... Now Google will spy on your phone call background noise... yeah... sure... just the background noise... right...

Well, that and everything else under the sun...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2118673/Google-patents-advertising-tailored-background-sounds-phone-calls.html

Adverts could soon be tailored according to the background noise around you when using your smartphone, if a patent application by Google becomes reality.

The search engine giant has filed for a patent called ‘Advertising based on environmental conditions’.

As that title implies, it’s not just background sounds that could be used to determine what adverts you seen on your mobile phone. The patent also describes using ‘temperature, humidity, light and air composition’ to produced targeted adverts.

--- End quote ---

I wonder if they'll also be reporting on that to their CIA masters...  :-\

I really want a new mobile OS that doesn't turn my phone into a spy.

vlastimil:
Well, ignoring the privacy thing, the patent makes me angry. How can something like this be patentable? Isn't there supposed to be something non-obvious in a patent? More and more patents seem to be related to the "what to do" question instead of the "how to do it" question.

nosh:
The possibilities are endless!  ;D

We hear public transportation- care for a little loan (and some dignity?)
Gold Gym! - someone just called u a little bitch
that sounded bad!! -  diarrhea meds?

Can u blame me for laughing at this insanity?  ;D

mahesh2k:
I feel like starting a troll meme with title (inside spoiler).

SpoilerPatents are for pussies

Renegade:
Can u blame me for laughing at this insanity?  ;D
-nosh (March 23, 2012, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nope.

It gets stupider and stupider every day. It's an accelerating downward spiral. What can you do? Laughter seems like a good way to maintain one's sanity!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version