ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Windows 8 is just a Service/crapware pack for Windows 7

<< < (8/11) > >>

40hz:
I have to agree with Shades, Deo, Crainioscopical, and others regarding Microsoft's new interface "innovations."

What's good (in real terms) is what works and is understandable for the users - not some designer or developer. And all the wishful thinking in the world isn't going to change that.

Much of what Microsoft is doing and saying these days reminds me of the misguided efforts and arguments to replace traditional mathematics with "The New Math;" and English grammar with "Transformational Grammar" in public education.

Those who suffered through those two fiascoes will know exactly what I mean. :-\

cranioscopical:
Those who suffered through those two fiascoes will know exactly what I mean.
-40hz (March 27, 2012, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

No they won't, the poor devils still can't read!

wraith808:
Actually, "New Math" does work, and does increase my computational time...  if we're talking about the same thing.  /shrugs

superboyac:
I have to agree with Shades, Deo, Crainioscopical, and others regarding Microsoft's new interface "innovations."

What's good (in real terms) is what works and is understandable for the users - not some designer or developer. And all the wishful thinking in the world isn't going to change that.

Much of what Microsoft is doing and saying these days reminds me of the misguided efforts and arguments to replace traditional mathematics with "The New Math;" and English grammar with "Transformational Grammar" in public education.

Those who suffered through those two fiascoes will know exactly what I mean. :-\
--- End quote ---
I've been kind of pondering and half-studying the way I was taught stuff in elementary school.  The New Math stuff seemed to have been very minimal, but I do remember some minor things about it.    I don't really understand what happened...but around 4th grade, I was whisked away into math and sciences, while art and history got pushed into the very far background.  I don't know if it was me, my parents, teachers, or what.  it's weird because of how much I like art and history.  Not sure what happened there.  I never came back to those things until after college.

mwb1100:
Those who suffered through those two fiascoes will know exactly what I mean.
--- End quote ---

No they won't, the poor devils still can't read!
-cranioscopical (March 27, 2012, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Which means they'll have to learn Windows 8 by tile and error.

To sum up, Win8 will be a pane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version