ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Employers asking job seekers for Facebook passwords

<< < (6/7) > >>

skwire:
Even though I don't have a Facebook account, this is good news.  However, the first comment (by jpaugh) after that article says it all:

"It's sad that they had to pass a bill for this kind of thing. If an employer asks for your Facebook password, whoever came up with the idea should be fired immediately. I'm tired of seeing all these stupid laws pop up that should well be covered by common sense."

Josh:
Even though I don't have a Facebook account
-skwire (April 10, 2012, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wait...then who do I have on my friends list?!?!?!? uh oh....

skwire:
Wait...then who do I have on my friends list?!?!?!? uh oh....-Josh (April 10, 2012, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not me...

Renegade:
  If nothing else I can add a quote that pretty much spells it out:
Benjamin Franklin said it best..."Those who give up their freedom in the name of security deserve neither freedom nor security."

-Tinman57 (April 03, 2012, 07:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

+100 (check my sig ;) )

magician62:
This follows the practice of employers asking what you earned in your last job.

The answer is NO, when they ask why, you say it was in the contract you had with your previous employer that you not disclose the information, and you assume they have similar terms. And if they still insist on knowing, point out that as they have no regard for legal contracts, they are implying they will accept without contention you telling any future employer what they paid.

It falls into the category of '"If I told you, I would have to kill you" :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version