ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Employers asking job seekers for Facebook passwords

<< < (4/7) > >>

mahesh2k:
If that question comes to me, I'll walk out. Seriously, I have done that before when asked too much personal questions and that too during recession time. If my family members asks me for social network pass of my account, I'll deny, sorry but that's how I play.

Recruitment doesn't mean revealing your personal details too much just for the sake of job. In that case prostitution should be glamorous corporate job.

KynloStephen66515:
If that question comes to me, I'll walk out. Seriously, I have done that before when asked too much personal questions and that too during recession time. If my family members asks me for social network pass of my account, I'll deny, sorry but that's how I play.

Recruitment doesn't mean revealing your personal details too much just for the sake of job. In that case prostitution should be glamorous corporate job.
-mahesh2k (March 23, 2012, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't it actually against the terms and conditions of Facebook itself to give out your password? - It's certainly not recommended by ANYBODY to EVER give your username and password to anything!

TaoPhoenix:

-mahesh2k (March 23, 2012, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

Isn't it actually against the terms and conditions of Facebook itself to give out your password? - It's certainly not recommended by ANYBODY to EVER give your username and password to anything!
-Stephen66515 (March 23, 2012, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

It sure is, and Facebook had a response that they're pissed that anyone would even think of this, so they're coming back hard, trying to get a new law to help.

KynloStephen66515:
I could understand someone asking this, on the basis of needing to know how security conscious a person is, if the job requires said person to be dealing with passwords to the companies personal details or something similar...obviously if they DID give their password, tell them never to do it again, change it, and refuse them the job...I can honestly see NO other reason for this to be asked...and I am sure there are better ways to find out how easy someone will give out sensitive information.

Edvard:
In the article, the example was given of police recruits.
They were being checked for gang affiliation, underage contacts, etc.
Perhaps those are legitimate concerns, but what if I happened to like Ice-T's music and listed him as one of my favorite artists?
What if I was a youth group leader or a little league coach?

Good to know that Facebook is actually fighting this:
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/03/23/facebook-forbids-employers-from-asking-job-seekers-for-passwords/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version