Has anyone heard of a screensaver that is capible of launching a bunch of commands when it starts? I bet there's something like this out there, if anyone knows of any, please let me know. (Also, I'm going to start searching the net after I post this...)
I think a screensaver (that could be selected in "Display Properties > Screen Saver") that I could use to run a few programs every time the screensaver is activated would be very useful.
The commands/programs I would enable by default would be:
1. Run CCleaner (to clear cache, recycle bin, history, etc.)
2. Lock KeePass (I want my passwords available while I'm at the computer, not while I'm not)
3. Start a "pretty" screen saver (so that it's like a normal screensaver) or maybe start a random screensaver
A couple other ideas:
- Mute the system audio (like IdleMute)
- Kill/pause various programs (like Winamp Killer)
- Maybe turn on some kind of e-mail monitor
- Maybe send IM clients into "away" mode (though I assume most do this by default anyway)
Seems like some of the commands could be as simple as running a shortcut, others might require simulated keystrokes/mouse movements.
Other possible uses:
- Run defrag program
- Start virus scan
- Disable internet activity