topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: US Users: Does this exist: digital document notary, signature, storage solution  (Read 2142 times)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
OK, we all have, or will have, the need to plan for the inevitable. Part of this planning is ensuring that you have your important documents in order. With digital signatures now considered to be valid like a physical ink signature, I am wanting to find a service which can produce major documents such as wills, notarized original documents, powers of attorney, etc and store them in a digital file. This is intended to be used in the US as that is where I reside.

Ideally, I will be able to generate these documents digitally, sign them, and store them in a service which will make access easier for my loved ones in the event of the unfortunate.

Does anyone know of a service such as this which offers these types of services?

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think you'll need an attorney to give you some advice on that. Most of what you're talking about falls under state rather than federal law. And each state has its own legal wrinkles on things like wills and what constitutes a legal document. There are also separate rules on issues of "survivability" and "durability" of such basic documents as appointment of 'power of attorney' and also what constitutes a "properly filed" last will. And some places still require hardcopy and actual signatures for many legal documents.

The American Bar Association can steer you towards competent advice if nobody at DoCo can help you out directly.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 06:26 PM by 40hz »