ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Looking for image stitching software without processing image content

(1/4) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Anyone got any ideas for free image stitching software?

Specifically I need something that takes a series of overlapping screen captures from a website and stitches them into one image.

I know panorama software can do this but generally that sort of software blends colours and distorts images to make photo panoramas look correct.

What I need is something that takes raw images and works out the overlaps but doesn't process the images in any way other than line them up correctly.

Microsoft do a suitable program from their labs wehsite but it requires .Net 4 and I would prefer something light (ideally portable).

TIA.

kunkel321:
Coincidentally, there is a stitcher at GAOTD today.
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/
It might have the same color-blending problem you're describing above though...

Is there a way you can using the new 'Scrolling Capture' mode in ScreenShot Captor to achieve when you want in one capture?

Carol Haynes:
Is there a way you can using the new 'Scrolling Capture' mode in ScreenShot Captor to achieve when you want in one capture?
-kunkel321 (March 20, 2012, 12:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately no because it isn't a scrolling window it a mouse drag map

kunkel321:
No doubt you've tried Right-Clicking the map and choosing "Save Image As..."
You might actually be able to take the overlapping shots (if there aren't too many), crop away any window boarders, Make the canvas in SSC really big, then drag the different images around next to each other (manually) until the edges line up.

Carol Haynes:
Its not actually for me - its for a friend who is doing geological research - there are lots of maps and that is precisely what she has been doing. I am just trying to find her a quicker way of doing and also less prone to error.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version