ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

One-hit wonders

<< < (2/2)

Edvard:
How about Jeskola Buzz?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buzz_(software)
I heard about it around the same time Oskari's hard drive melted, wiping out all the sources. Now it's a rather large community of die-hard fans keeping it (barely) alive.

Eóin:
Does Sonique count. I loved that mp3 player but internal problems (Lycos sacking the origional authors I believe) ment v2 never got out of beta.

zridling:
I remember Sonique! There are some one-hit wonders that might be classified as blunders, too. I'm thinking of Onfolio. Great program, but I've never met anyone who uses it.

rjbull:
I'm thinking of Onfolio. Great program, but I've never met anyone who uses it.
-zridling (April 07, 2006, 06:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Onfolio is now free; see DC https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=2362.msg24223#msg24223

patteo:
It's amazing!  I read this the other day and was highly interested.  Then today, at another forum, I saw an old post where someone was saying how utterly fantastic Ecco Pro was.....so I go searching on it and find this write-up - heck, I'm drooling now!  If I could just be sure it would work with Windows 2000, I'd get it right now! 

-Harrie (April 04, 2006, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well Harrie,

I can assure you that Ecco Pro works fine in Windows XP. And I'm a long-time user and a victim of Outlook killing Ecco Pro's development when it came out free then.

I've been looking for a better and flexible outliner ever since that would have a similar functionality like Ecco Pro but dispite many years of searching, have never found anything close to Ecco with it's flexibility.

I still use it especially when I out to do outlining, given it's capability. But it's more powerful than that. But to be frank, since it's no longer being developed, I decided that it would not make sense to keep using it as a PIM and put lots of data, contacts etc in it.

So much as I would not like to admit it, I use Outlook to keep contacts, calendaring etc, not so much because it's good, but because it's unlikely to die on me. But for outlining, Ecco anytime or the new upstarts like www.mylifeorganized.net

But if you are also a Pocketpc user, Ecco is dead in the water for you as it only syncs with Palm. And that is another bummer for me.

Inspite of that, I still use Ecco - for Outlining and processing my thoughts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version