ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Encrypted DNS queries via OpenDNS dnscrypt for Windows / linux / BSD / iOS / OSX

<< < (10/11) > >>

IainB:
Select the Log On tab and ensure that the correct user account Password and corresponding Confirm Password have been entered, thus: (click the Apply button after making any necessary changes)
-IainB (June 07, 2013, 08:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Um... I'm pretty sure my account doesn't have a password. I never have to type one in to login to windows, anyway. Maybe that's why?
-Deozaan (June 08, 2013, 01:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
^^ Then you could try checking the Local System Account instead. That might do it.
-IainB (June 08, 2013, 07:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

@Deozaan: Did you try ticking the Local System Account - if so, then what was the outcome?
If that didn't do the trick, then I would suggest you post it as a problem/incident to OpenDNS DNSCrypt support. You could do that in the Preview Feedback in the DNSCrypt GUI. They always seem to reply to any feedback placed there.

Deozaan:
It didn't work. It still pops up the UAC thing and makes me click to get it to work.

IainB:
It didn't work. It still pops up the UAC thing and makes me click to get it to work.
-Deozaan (June 14, 2013, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Then like I said, send them some feedback via the Preview Feedback in the DNSCrypt GUI. When you do that, it sends an email and attaches details of your system and DNSCrypt configuration. They should be able to spot the problem right away from that.

Deozaan:
OK. I've done that.

Just out of curiosity, did you install the client from the earliest version? Or did you install it later on? I kind of wonder if my UAC problem is due to having it installed since the first beta was available. . . Maybe they didn't know how to properly request permissions, or not require certain permissions or something. I don't know. Just a guess/wonder.

Deozaan:
They replied to me:

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. At this time the DNSCrypt client can only be run as an administrator. Our engineers are aware of the behavior with the UAC prompt and hope to have it resolved in future releases. Thanks for your patience while we continue to improve this service.

Daniel Gifford
Customer Support Manager
OpenDNS.com
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version