Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 22, 2014, 02:56:32 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2013! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 8 reportedly set for October debut  (Read 2603 times)
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:40:23 PM »

Microsoft reportedly will finish work on Windows 8 by summer, setting the stage to release the next version of its flagship operating system sometime around October.

Bloomberg, citing "people with knowledge of the schedule," also reports that there will be fewer than five devices running the ARM system-on-a-chip architecture at launch. Those ARM chips allow for thinner, lighter tablet devices, something that Microsoft hopes will help it cut into Apple's iPad's huge lead in the tablet market. The Cupertino rival just disclosed that it sold more than 3 million of its latest iPad since the third-generation gadget debuted Friday.

The report confirms the timing that most analysts have been expecting. Bloomberg notes that Microsoft will lay out the details of the release schedule at an industry event in early April.

A Microsoft spokeswoman declined comment on the report.

Read More...

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
Tuxman
Supporting Member

OMG not him again!

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »

I doubt it.

I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes "Man, you're such a Cheetah!" and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- @VeryGrumpyCat
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 04:16:14 PM »

I wont be upgrading to it, even if it was true lol.

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
rgdot
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 06:57:25 PM »

Three years is too soon, sure MS will ship lots this October or whenever with new PC and tablet sales but for upgrading from a successful previous version three years is too soon.

wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 02:32:16 PM »

^ This.  I haven't even put Windows 7 on some of my machines... though this will spur me to upgrade all of them sooner than later.  Windows 8 is probably a bit out for me, even if it's not a skip generation which it might well be.

40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 04:15:19 PM »

Boy am I ever excited. I'm gonna go completely wild. I'll probably buy a loaf of bread, make piles of toast & jam, and stay up until 10 o'clock at night drinking tea and celebrating...

Party! Woo-hoo!! Thmbsup

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
Innuendo
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 04:28:59 PM »

Why is three years too soon? Windows 7 was released two years after Windows Vista. Back before the huge gap between XP and Vista Microsoft adhered to a two-three year release schedule & after Vista was finally released Microsoft announced that it was going to return to that release schedule.

I'll take the opposing side that three years between OS releases is far too long. In the IT world three years is an eternity.
wraith808
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 05:04:02 PM »

Why is three years too soon? Windows 7 was released two years after Windows Vista. Back before the huge gap between XP and Vista Microsoft adhered to a two-three year release schedule & after Vista was finally released Microsoft announced that it was going to return to that release schedule.

I'll take the opposing side that three years between OS releases is far too long. In the IT world three years is an eternity.

We'll have to agree to disagree.  Upgrades, yes, I can see that.  But the OS is the base of your applications platform.  When you introduce major changes wholesale, especially requiring total rework and upgrade of your system, such upheavals aren't productive, IMO.

Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 05:25:05 PM »

HA

Tuxman
Supporting Member

OMG not him again!

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »

A better analogy would be Windows 1.01. No overlapping windows, only tiling... smiley

I bet when Cheetahs race and one of them cheats, the other one goes "Man, you're such a Cheetah!" and they laugh & eat a zebra or whatever.
- @VeryGrumpyCat
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 02:51:56 AM »

I think I've seen that image now in three separate threads on this site alone.

wraith808
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2012, 09:29:26 AM »

Sort of like the taped together iPhones when the iPad came out.

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2012, 06:08:56 PM »

Sort of like the taped together iPhones when the iPad came out.

I don't recall ever seeing that one, actually. Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.036s | Server load: 0.03 ]